July 18th 2004 Mariner of the Sea

We just got back from the Western Caribbean. The ship is beautiful, dinning room service was great thank you Crisitina and James. The food was okay, and the desserts have no taste:( . We enjoyed all the islands. Not great for shopping, but the beaches, snorkeling, Dunn River Falls and swimming with the Stingrays were great.

I would recommend this ship, we went with a large group and the this is the best vacation to go on when you have so many people.

This is a 6th cruise are 2nd with Royal Caribbean.

We would really like to go on a cruise to Europe. Any suggestions??:rolleyes:

Glad you had a good time on the Mariner. This may be our next ship to cruise upon. First note is that a European or Med. cruise is entirely different than a leisurely cruise in the Caribbean. I can personally recommend a Celebrity ship as they spend about the most time in each port. However, you will have very few days at sea to relax as itineraries are very port intensive. Also, the port of call is sometimes up to a 2 hour drive to the major cities like Rome, Paris, Belgium, etc. You will be up and ready to tour by 7 a.m. each morning often not returning to 7 p.m. at night. Late seating is a must for Europe. A balcony cabin, although my first preference, can be skipped if you are on a budget as you won't be on the ship much at all accept to change and eat breakfast and dinner. Entertainment too is not a big concern, as you will probably turn in earlier than on a leisurely cruise. We have sailed upon the Millennium twice and she was a perfect choice for this itinerary. Feel free to email me with any questions: nanatravel@comcast.net.

Bon Voyage

Archived