Where to buy Movado watches

We just returned from St. Martin. (a cruise) Too bad you're not asking about the Bahamas because my son bought a Movada watch at the Straw Market. He bartered the price from $60 to $25. He bought one in Jamaica once and when he got home we couldn't find a jewlry store that could remove the links. They all claimed it took a special tool. This time we went to a Jewlry store in the Bahamas and had the extra links removed and a new battery. So far, it's still working and he loves it. In St. Martin try Frontstreet in Philipsburg. There are countless stores there that would probably have them. The traffic is horrible with one way streets, etc. though. Good luck!

We just returned from St. Martin. (a cruise) Too bad you're not asking about the Bahamas because my son bought a Movada watch at the Straw Market. He bartered the price from $60 to $25. He bought one in Jamaica once and when he got home we couldn't find a jewlry store that could remove the links. They all claimed it took a special tool. This time we went to a Jewlry store in the Bahamas and had the extra links removed and a new battery. So far, it's still working and he loves it. In St. Martin try Frontstreet in Philipsburg. There are countless stores there that would probably have them. The traffic is horrible with one way streets, etc. though. Good luck!

Hmm..its doubtful he has an authentic Movado. You can get fakes here in the states for about $20. If it was a true Movado any reputable jeweler would have been able to remove the links.

As long as he is happy with the watch and its still running its no big deal. He just paid $25 for a $10 watch.

To the OP, make sure you do a lot of research and pricing of the exact model you are interested in buying. I have gotten some nice deals on his and hers Movados in SXM. Just cant recall the name of the stores.

:) Ya know, I made an assumption that so many people are like us and are looking for a knock-off rather than an authentic watch. We have 3 kids in college and one would have to do without books for us to afford both an authentic watch and a semester of books. :) Good luck!

For Movado, I would shop at Little Switzerland and Boolchands. They both have shops on Front Street, and I believe they have shops at the Cruise Facility, as well.

AMA also has a shop, but only on Front Street as I recall.

gary

Archived