Help...can't decide and want to do it all

pondst302

Would it be possible to hire a private guide or maybe even a taxi to take 4 women to see the historical plaza in Merida (maybe a carriage ride and lunch somewhere), then the ruins in that Db place (forget the spelling) and still be back in time for a beach massage and a few beers? We are docked from 9am to 5pm. I keep reading about getting a private tour past the Carnival tours but I can't find a website for Out of Progreso....I know we are asking to do a lot and at the very least we all want to do Merida together and then if there isn't time for everything for all of us we could split up and two want to do the ruins at Db and two of us want the beers/massages.

thanks for any help

Athena

Would it be possible to hire a private guide or maybe even a taxi to take 4 women to see the historical plaza in Merida (maybe a carriage ride and lunch somewhere), then the ruins in that Db place (forget the spelling) and still be back in time for a beach massage and a few beers? We are docked from 9am to 5pm. I keep reading about getting a private tour past the Carnival tours but I can't find a website for Out of Progreso....I know we are asking to do a lot and at the very least we all want to do Merida together and then if there isn't time for everything for all of us we could split up and two want to do the ruins at Db and two of us want the beers/massages.

thanks for any help

Athena

We just got back from Progresso and did the Merida tour with AutoProgresso. I think it was $25 each, left at 10:30, about an hour and a half in town. Merida is a very busy place and I think the carriage ride is not likely. The cathedral was very nice and there are more stores there than you could possibly shop in an hour. Found a nice place to eat, right on the square and then got back on the bus. The bus takes you directly back to the ship with no stops. I think we were back by about 2:30 or so. You might get them to let you off in town if you ask and then you could see about the massage. I think the ruins is a longer ride and would plan on that one being a full day.

JB

Archived