Dizb tour with/wo Buffet, horse show?

txtwinmom

I can't decide whether to do the Dizb tour and go back and shop in town or the Dizb tour with the buffet and horse show? Has anyone done either or both and do you have a suggestion for me? We'll be there the 12 of Aug 2008 - I know the weather is going to be very hot and humid. If I go with just the Dzib tour should I go with Carnival or Auto Progresso? 1st time cruiser who is really anal!:D

We took the AutoProgreso tour to Dz (ruin tour only). It was almost half price of the Carnival rendition of the same tour. We had a very nice air conditioned larger bus and the driver was very informative. We had a nice time and I would not recommend spending the extra money for Carnival's excursion. We had time beforehand to shop at the little marketplace in Progreso (be prepared to be harassed to buy things) and then we were on the tour for around 3.5 hours. They returned us to the marketplace at the ship dock and we ate lunch on the ship and then shopped at the dock area marketplace. The pier is over 4 miles long so there are shuttles that offer free transport in to the Progreso marketplace and then back to the pier shopping area.

I have to ditto LUVCCL, the buffet and especially the horse show was excellent. There was also a female singer who was good, but not on par with the horseman and I'm not a food person, but the food was very good.

Ask for Pacifico beer if it is not offered. Don't drink Corona, the locals consider this a gringo beer, and is never purchased by locals, tho it is provided in tourist areas.

We enjoyed Progreso

Archived