climbing Chichen Itza

ABBE

Do you know if climbing Chichen Itza is allowed at certain times of the year or is it off limits all the time now?

We will be there in March and had hoped to be able to climb it.

Anyone who has been there, did you enjoy it, even if you were not allowed to climb? Thanks

Do you know if climbing Chichen Itza is allowed at certain times of the year or is it off limits all the time now?

We will be there in March and had hoped to be able to climb it.

Anyone who has been there, did you enjoy it, even if you were not allowed to climb? Thanks

Climbing is no longer allowed, at any time during the year. (been that way for about two years now.

I have been to Chichen Itza many times, when you could climb all the structures, only the large pyramid and nothing at all. I still encourage folks to go to the Ruins. They are magnificient structures and the history of the site is amazing. It's not often you get to see an ancient Mayan city like Chichen Itza. A good guide of course, will add to your experience.

• 4 months later...
Climbing is no longer allowed, at any time during the year. (been that way for about two years now.

I have been to Chichen Itza many times, when you could climb all the structures, only the large pyramid and nothing at all. I still encourage folks to go to the Ruins. They are magnificient structures and the history of the site is amazing. It's not often you get to see an ancient Mayan city like Chichen Itza. A good guide of course, will add to your experience.

Do you know you can still climb any of the ruins there?

Archived