Question for 'Tuggers'

candelle

On or last HAL cruise, we had our first inside "sideway" cabin. It seemed to be notably "roomier" than the standard inside cabins. I am wondering if similar cabins on the Century (such as 1076, 1079, 8140, 8145...hope the numbers are the same as I am looking at a dated ship map) are bigger than the other interior cabins. Thanks.

quote.gif

Love them too but watch out for the ones with poles in them. Those can be bummers!

Hi, we've just booked 1076 which is mentioned above, but are now rather nervous regarding tuggers' comments about poles. We understand that these poles are probably structural, but don't want them in our stateroom!

Does anyone know if 1076 in Century has poles (structural, not Eastern European!)? Do you think that Celebrity would answer a similar question?

On or last HAL cruise, we had our first inside "sideway" cabin. It seemed to be notably "roomier" than the standard inside cabins. I am wondering if similar cabins on the Century (such as 1076, 1079, 8140, 8145...hope the numbers are the same as I am looking at a dated ship map) are bigger than the other interior cabins. Thanks.

quote.gif

Love them too but watch out for the ones with poles in them. Those can be bummers!

Hi, we've just booked 1076 which is mentioned above, but are now rather nervous regarding tuggers' comments about poles. We understand that these poles are probably structural, but don't want them in our stateroom!

Does anyone know if 1076 in Century has poles (structural, not Eastern European!)? Do you think that Celebrity would answer a similar question?

Hi Candelle !

I am 99% certain that Century does not have any Cabins with poles. I know that on Galaxy, the cabins with Poles are on Deck 5. I hope this helps a bit.

If I am wrong, I am sure someone will post further information here. Enjoy your Cruise !

I believe I have stayed in either 1079 or 1076 and I have never ended up with a 'pole' cabin! There aren't that many of them but they can be a pain. I know one cabin has one that sort of blocks the bed but I don't think it's on Century.

Photos of Stateroom Pole Click the thumbnail to enlarge

if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") document.write(" ");pole1.jpg Pole in Stateroom 5069, View 1

if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") document.write(" ");pole2.jpg Pole in Stateroom 5069, View 2

if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") document.write(" ");pole3.jpg Pole in Stateroom 5069, View 3

if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") document.write(" "); if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") document.write(" ");pole4.jpg Pole in Stateroom 5069, View 4

if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") document.write(" ");

These are cabins with poles on Galaxy. There are also some on Mercury.

quote.gif

Maybe the lesson to be learned here follows the saying "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade" . And when Celebrity gives you a pole, you dance.

Just a little levity on my part. We're sailing on Mercury next April so I just might be doing my own "pole dancing".

Thanks to Host Andy, Tuggers and JanSun for your replies.

What a wonderful forum this is! Ask a question and the chances are that someone will have the knowledge to reply.

Thank you all again.

Regards

PS

My husband has still not quite recovered from a 'pole dancing' number in a show on the Galaxy last year. We were in the second row and he was quite overcome!! He is therefore just a little sad that there will be no pole in our room (but I am not!).

Archived