Europe and Tuxedos

Flick

It use to be true that European cruises were more "formal" than Caribbean cruises. We are going on the Jade in July to France, England,Ireland,Scotland, Netherlands, Belgium before returning to Southhampton. Should I take my tux for this cruise or is the Continent more casual?

It use to be true that European cruises were more "formal" than Caribbean cruises. We are going on the Jade in July to France, England,Ireland,Scotland, Netherlands, Belgium before returning to Southhampton. Should I take my tux for this cruise or is the Continent more casual?

Europeans maybe more formal than the USA, but on NCL and NCLA resort casual ware is always welcomed in all of the restaurants and main dining rooms every night where ever they sail.

The best answer in relation to Freestyle is: take if you want to!

Freestyle is all about individual choice. YOUR choice to dress up if you feel like it. YOUR choice to simply wear resort casual every night if you feel like it.

You will see people dressed in everything from tuxes to suits, to shirt/tie to polo shirts on the optional formal night.

Dress as YOU want to.

We didn't take "Black Tie" (Tux) this time but have ordered full Highland dress for the next one. Will just have to be careful on some of the stairways and not spend too much time outside LOL.

I think Grand Pacific in formal is a nice way to spend an evening and there were a large number of people in Tux's on the Gem Inaugural judging by the Photo Gallery.

Enjoy the moment, go as YOU please.

John and Joan

Archived