Land Trip - Hawaii

coiran

OK - For Spleen and Emi

We have cancelled our POA cruise and are doing Hawaii from Oct 19 to Nov 8, 2004

5 days in Oahu staying at B & B Pillows in Paradise - Kailua

5 days on Big Island staying at B & B Kiwi Gardens - Kaiula/Kona

5 days on Maui - B & B - What a wonderful World - Kihei

5 days on Kauai - B & B - Poipu Plantation - Poipu Beach

We have cars reserved, interisland air reserved on Aloh Air, all kinds of downloaded info on tours, driving, beaches, dining to the point of overload.

Any suggestions on what to do and see during this time???

I wasnt asked, but let me ask you so Emi and Spleen can answer more effectively:

What are your interests?

WWII? Water Activities? Natural Sites and Hikes? Museums? Cultural Sites? Spas or Beaches? Sea Life? Volcano?

If you want a mix, you can get everything on each of the islands. Oahu is RICH in cultural sites, history (WWII) and museums. All islands will have plenty of natural sites, hikes, and adventures and water activities.

For Oahu, I wouldnt leave without doing Pearl Harbor at the very least. It brings into perspective what happened on that day. You can add the USS Missouri, Bowfin, Utah, Punchbowl and other Military sites if you are interested.

Everyone is going to have opinions on what is a MUST SEE and DO. I think to make it a Hawaiian experience, you should do Pearl Harbor, the volcano, a water sport or activity, a luau, a show, and a boat/catamaran etc to experience some sea life. I would also make sure to try as many different local foods as possible too.

There IS a lot to do on all the islands - it does make it hard without knowing more about your likes. The main things on Oahu are Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, North Shore, and Waikiki. Supplementary things are Iolani Palace, Bishop Museum, Sea Life Park, Waikiki Aquarium, Polynesian Cultural Center, and Hanauma Bay. It's probably not possible to see everything in 5 days - you'll have to pick what's most interesting to you. And that's just one island. :)

Spleen

Archived