Carubbean Princess Late Review - July 3rd - July 10th - Part 1

Captain Hook

:D Hi Everyone,

This is actually try #2 tonight to post a review - I think I deleted the 1st. I may try to post this in a few posts so I don't mess it up. I have been very busy since the cruise and everytime I take a quick peek at Cruise Critic - I feel a little guilty because I know how much I enjoyed reading everyone elses cruise review. So here goes.

First I will introduce our group of 5 that travelled together. My parents, 71 and 70, first-time cruisers, celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Me (Captain Hook - I am the female version...don't ask why...it just happened that way two years ago....you know, Captain Hook sailing the seven seas!!!), my husband, and my daughter, celebrating her graduation from high school.

We started our trip on July 1st, travelling in two groups...because of Air Mile tickets. We met up together on July 2nd in the Miami airport. Due to restrictions, we couldn't fly into Ft. Lauderdale. We rented a car and drove to Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed pre-cruise and post-cruise at Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. We had an oceanview room pre-cruise and post we did not due to a mix-up. Anyway, really enjoyed this resort.

We hired a taxi ($6 per person) to leave for the port at 10:45am. We were in line at around 11:10am. The doors opened at a sharp 11:30am and we were soon inside. The Coral Dining Room was open so I sent everyone there as I needed to set up a few things in the rooms. I had entered special occasions on the Cruise Personalizer, with special requests for fruit, robes. At this point, the balloons were up on the door and the signs. I dropped the carryons and realized that I never did get my parents room key...duh!!

Joined my family for lunch, and had a wonderful waiter named Marcelo. There was approximately 10 other people joining us in the dining room. We ate, whenever we could, at Marcelo's table. My daughter and I left a bit early to check on my parent's room (this time I had the key). We had ordered roses and I had a few touches to add to the room before their arrival. We met our room steward, Joey. He was so friendly and just made us all feel quite at home. The flowers were not in the room. Joey checked and they arrived soon thereafter. I had laminated my parent's wedding picture with 50 years and put it on the door. I had also ordered chocolate covered strawberries to arrive on 1st formal night. They arrived on the first night. The timing really didn't matter. They were wonderful...(I sent some to my room on the first formal night and that's when they came).

We had arranged to meet the group from Cruise Critic at The Tradewinds between 2:00 and 3:00. It was great to meet all the friendly faces that I had been talking to. It was surprising how many people you run into during the course of the week.

During sailaway, my parents enjoyed their balcony and we walked around and up to the Sailway Party. We walked around the ship, getting our bearings. We had traditional dining in the Island Dining Room. We sat at a table for 10 with waiters, Robert and Madalina. We were 5 and we sat with a family of 5, most being from Connecticut - three children, youngest son going in grade 12 and two older girls and parents. They were very friendly and we had alot of laughs during the week. Our waiters were from Romania and Poland. Robert spoke very fast and sometime difficult to understand. We all warmed up to each other and truly enjoyed our week in traditional dining.

......................Going to Post Part 2

Capt. Hook - I'm so glad to hear from you - like you I never did write a review - I'm glad you are doing it. I don't have to tell you about the wonderful time we all had - started planning our next cruise the day we got off this past one. I hope your family are all fine. Any more cruises planned yet???NancyK :D

Caribbean Princess - 7/03/04

Archived