Bungalows princess cays

JDBD

Hi All, after reading these boards over the last 6 months we had decided to rent a bungalow at Princess Cays, last night I was told by sombody i met that the Bungalows no longer have any of the perks they used to have, Is this true? If you now longer have your food delivered how far would be have to go to get food and would we be able to take it to the Bungalow. I have never been on a cruise before so have never been to princess cays, do you still think it is worth the money for the Bungalow if what I have been told is correct. Thank you for your help in advance

Hi,

We had a bungalow last Friday at Princess cays and it was well worth the $200. I don't know who said you don't get food delivered to you but that is absolutely not true. We had enough food (delivered) to us for six people:) it was wonderful. It was air conditioned and we had a table, already set for our lunch:) even flowers, we had six chairs at the table and six lounge chairs. The service was just wonderful and the bar man kept the pina coladas coming. These bungalows hold six people and there were three of us so i guess that's why we got so much food. It was nice not having to wait in line as the buffet, lines got long and it was so hot out there. The only draw back was that it is set kind of off the beaten path. When you exit the tender you walk all the way to the left and you will see the Bungalows all pretty tropical colors.....there are ten of them and ours was hot pink!!!

Carol

BTW there is a tram going up and down if you don't want to walk!

We are a group of 8 and we have a bungalow reserved. Will the other 2 people be able to interact with us?? Are you given a ticket, etc?? The other couple has a cabana reserved will it be anywhere close to us??

Great information in your reply, I didn't know about the food delivery!!

Leaving on Friday, yippee!!!

I'm sure the other couple in your group will be able to be near you. We were the first tender off the ship, after the crew. We got priority tender tickets with our bungalow rental......just meant that we went right to the exit instead of waiting in a designated area.

We were the first at the bungalow but they all filled up and as the day went on people wandered up to our area looking for shade and there were chairs nearby that anyone could use. I'm sure your friends could join you .......If the cabanas are the big blue tent like structures (I think) they were all the way to the right at the far end of the bungalow area......on the other side of the buffet and kiosks.

Such a fun day!!!!

carol

;)

I am one of a group from the Emerald Feb. 14th roll call who booked a bungalow on Princess Cays for our stop there next month. We were informed that those "extra" services such as priority tendering, food delivery, etc. had been discontinued for the $200 bungalows but available at an outrageous charge of up to $500. We have decided as a group (all of the bungalows have been reserved by people on the roll call) to wait until we are onboard and then find out the status. Without those services, the bungalows lose their lustre. As I previously posted, if all of us show up to cancel our bungalows, Princess may lose a lot of money on this voyage.

I too just had a Bungalow on Friday. It is well worth the money and if you reserve one, try to get 8,9 or 10 as they are right in front of some steps down to the water. The perks are still there. They bring your food from the buffet and drink service is always down at your end of the beach. Well worth the $200.

Oh, and they have 12 now instead of the 6 that they use to have, but still try to book this as soon as you pay for your cruise.

Will

Hi,

We had a bungalow last Friday at Princess cays and it was well worth the $200. I don't know who said you don't get food delivered to you but that is absolutely not true. We had enough food (delivered) to us for six people:) it was wonderful. It was air conditioned and we had a table, already set for our lunch:) even flowers, we had six chairs at the table and six lounge chairs. The service was just wonderful and the bar man kept the pina coladas coming. These bungalows hold six people and there were three of us so i guess that's why we got so much food. It was nice not having to wait in line as the buffet, lines got long and it was so hot out there. The only draw back was that it is set kind of off the beaten path. When you exit the tender you walk all the way to the left and you will see the Bungalows all pretty tropical colors.....there are ten of them and ours was hot pink!!!

Carol

BTW there is a tram going up and down if you don't want to walk!

Just there on 12/27/2007, on the Emerald Princess, and I will second EVERYTHING meowann stated. In addition, our waiter served us, and only us, all day.

Also, while the ship states the $200 bungalow ticket is good for up to 6 people, there is no reason others could not simply walk up and join us.

How do you request a certain bungalow? or is it first come first serve? Are they all in a row or do some of them sit behind others? Thanks!

They appeared to be pre-reserved / selected by Princess. When we went to the booth to get ours, they already had one "selected" for us.

I believe they are all in a pretty straight line with one another. I do not see how one would be preferential over another.

We had a bungaloo in sept .. so I can't vouch for any new development .. but we had a lot of people dropping by all day and there was MORE than enough food for 6 .. and if you wanted more of anything they went for it for us ..

A close enough to private beach and swimming area ..

it was the best beach day I have ever had anywhere !!

We had a bungaloo in sept .. so I can't vouch for any new development .. but we had a lot of people dropping by all day and there was MORE than enough food for 6 .. and if you wanted more of anything they went for it for us ..

A close enough to private beach and swimming area ..

it was the best beach day I have ever had anywhere !!

Kathy,

What wonderful photos! Your really looked like you were having a great time and it was very nice of you to share your photos!

I also have a bungalow rented and am looking foward to a fun day on the Island!

Thanks again :)

Joe

Could it be that the Emerald charges more because it is a newer ship????

It cost us $200 from The Grand with all the frills.

Carol

:eek:

I was just wondering the same thing. It seems unfair, since, regardless of the ship you are on, the bungalow is the same.

We are sailing on the Grand in February and have reserved a bungalow. I can't find any mention of the higher priced package anywhere on the princess site.

I'm curious to see what will happen.

I have booked a Bungalow for 20th April 08 sailing on the CB, but now there is talk of the food no longer being delivered I am not sure I want to go ahead with it anymore, would I be able to wait until I get on the ship and decide if I want the Bungalow or not or would I then get charged for it.

I have booked a Bungalow for 20th April 08 sailing on the CB, but now there is talk of the food no longer being delivered I am not sure I want to go ahead with it anymore, would I be able to wait until I get on the ship and decide if I want the Bungalow or not or would I then get charged for it.

You can cancel a ships excursion up to 24 hours before with no charges.

Archived