Can I bring a few bottles of wine onboard?

sunshine95030

I'll be on the 12/20 Island Princess to Hawaii, and wonder if anyone knows if Princess will allow us to bring a few bottles onboard. My mom was on the Pacific Princess to Alaska last year and did so with no problem, but I've seen a couple items on cruisecritic stating otherwise. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks!

yes you can.

From the FAQ section on the Princess homepage:

Question: What is the alcohol policy onboard Princess Cruises?

Answer: We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop or at ports of call will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A member of our Security Staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your alcoholic beverage purchases.

• 2 months later...

We always go to a local wine store in FLL or long beach and buy a case in the original cardboard box 12 pk ( they do ship wine in these cartons).

We put a tag on it and hand it over to the porters at the pier and never had problems. We do give them a good tip.

Archived