Visiting Aker Yards?

Cruiserccl

Is it possible i know i would never be able to do this but im curious is it possible to tour Aker Yards? Like if you liked near Turku or one of the other yards could you like go to Aker Yards and like get a tour of the facilities or maybe a tour of one of the ship under construction i know this is an odd question but im just thinking how cool that would be.

Is it possible i know i would never be able to do this but im curious is it possible to tour Aker Yards? Like if you liked near Turku or one of the other yards could you like go to Aker Yards and like get a tour of the facilities or maybe a tour of one of the ship under construction i know this is an odd question but im just thinking how cool that would be.

Do you chat on the other site where some of the information comes from? I think that if you ask akerbuilder he might be able to answer you on that, I have often wondered that myself.

I don´t know about Aker Yards, but I do know about the Meyerwerft that built the Radiance Class ships and now the new Celebrity series.

You can tour the Meyerwerft and I´ve actually done so. They have a visitor center and you get many interesting information about the shipbuilding. Of course you can´t get on the new builds. But you can sse them in whatever point of building they are. It´s very interesting. They also hae a webcam on their site that updates weekly to see the progress on the ships that are built.

Chris I have the info that you were looking for:

Akeryards: http://www.forum-marinum.fi/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=85&Itemid=105

Meyerwerft: http://www.meyerwerft.de/page.asp?lang=e&main=5&subs=0&did=647

Archived