7th September...Pacific Dawn W826

MargnGrah

This is my review of the cruise W826 on Pacific Dawn which departed on the 7th September..............sorry it has taken so long to get it on to these boards.

First of all I just want to say that we had a fantastic time on our cruise. Before we left I was a little worried that Grahame and I would get bored with each others company, as this was the first time we had cruised by ourselves. Previously we had been with family/friends, but I am happy to report that we met so many people and there was so much to do that we were never bored.

On the first day, after only about 1 hr we literally ran into a girl ( Rhonda) that Grahame worked with. They now work in different areas and didn’t know that each other was on holidays …let alone on a cruise. She was with her husband (Allan) and we had all previously meet at a Christmas function, quite a few yeas ago, and so needless to say we spent quite a bit of time with them.

On the first full sea day we had a get together of the CCer”s. It was really lovely to meet you all and it was really great to walk around the decks throughout the cruise. and be able to say hi and a quick chat to you all. We managed to bump into Kym, Martin, Edna and Royce on quite a few occasions…..our paths just kept crossing and also our tables in the dining room were next to each other.

The anytime dining did seem to work. After being bumped around the first 5 nights we finally found a “home” table for the rest of the cruise with a lovely group of people and at a time which suited. (each night after dinner, we would book for the same table and time, for the next night.) Our dinner buddies were all lovely and we all seemed to have lots in common. It was good to bump into them around the ship and have a chat and drink. One couple, Brian and Lesley, were our age and we spent quite a few nights with them after dinner, having a cocktail and then watching the show in the show lounge.

Our cabin was on Emerald deck room 166, which is midship. 1 flight of stairs down to Plaza deck and the pursers desk and also the La Patisserie (where we got a good cappuccino and cup of tea every night) and 1 flight up stairs to the Promenade deck and the Palm Court dining room, Promenade Bar, Bengal Bar, Bacchus Bar ( another good place for a coffee) the duty free shops and the Showlounge. We thought that the position of our cabin was great, so close to many places that we visited everyday. This is a really good position for anyone who is prone to seasickness. ( I did take 3 phenergan per day and was not sick at all during the trip….was a little tired, and was in bed most nights by 11.00pm but would prefer to be tired than sick!!!! )

A lift ride up to the Cafe De Sol each morning where we started our day with a cup of coffee , out of the instant machine. Very easy… just hit the coffee, white, sugar button… and it tasted quite good. Plastic mugs weren’t too bad, better than the mugs on the Sun. Grahame had a large breakfast every morning … Cereal, big hot breakfast then a Danish. I mostly had cereal, 2 hotcakes and a Danish… By the end of the cruise the Danish dropped off… So much food…. Probably the only complaint was the toast was cold the first time I tried it so I didn’t bother after that.

Lunch was a repeat of breakfast…back up to Café De Sol, with the endless display of food to choose from… Salads, fruit, cold meat, cheeses, made up bread rolls and sandwiches and many varieties of hot food plus a roast of the day…..most days had a theme of sorts. Once again, so much food!!!!!

More later!!!!!:) :) :)

Archived