Vision of the seas question??????

TahoeBob

My wife and I are going on our first cruise on 12-19 on the Vision. We have room 2457 on the second deck, small yes but in the real world this is the only way I could go.

Does this class of room have a safe and refrigerator’ and how much room is there in the closets and other places to store things, What about the bathroom is there any counter space, or any other space to put things?

I have a CPAP machine I use at night how close is the nearest plug to the beds, or do I need to bring a long extension cord

Any other hints about living in a small room for a week would be a big help!!!

thanks

Bob P.

Does a 8 foot rubber raft going down the Truckee river on a summer afternoon with a 6 pack of beer count as a cruise????

Hello TahoeBob:

I found this website helpful and you can problably find the answer to your question. http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/visionoftheseas.htm

About the extension cord - I always bring an extension cord and use it. My theory is better safe than sorry.

This is our first RCI cruise and I'm pretty sure we will be on the same cruise as you.

Sorry I can't be of better help, Ruthann

Tahoe Bob - We sailed on the Vision a couple of years back and had an interior stateroom. Sure, it wasn't the largest of rooms, but I think you will find it acceptable. We have been on a few other ships and found the Visions rooms to be the best of the ones we had sailed to date. I really don't recall there being a refrigerator or safe - but beings as it was 2 years ago they could have added those fairly easily. If memory serves me correctly there was ample storage in the bathroom and the desk area for all we brought. We (I) am not a light packer and I didn't have a problem finding a place for everything.

Tips for living in a small space.......you won't have a problem.......you won't be in your room all that much ...... especially if it's your 1st cruise. The ship is huge and it's your total living space for the week!!!!!

Have a great time and will be looking for your comments/review when you return. By the way - we're from Modesto, CA (originally from N.Dakota) and vacation in S.Lake Tahoe at least 1 week a year - summer or winter. Gotta get my annual snow fix. Another beautiful paradise.

My wife and I are going on our first cruise on 12-19 on the Vision. We have room 2457 on the second deck, small yes but in the real world this is the only way I could go.

Does this class of room have a safe and refrigerator’ and how much room is there in the closets and other places to store things, What about the bathroom is there any counter space, or any other space to put things?

I have a CPAP machine I use at night how close is the nearest plug to the beds, or do I need to bring a long extension cord

Any other hints about living in a small room for a week would be a big help!!!

thanks

Bob P.

Does a 8 foot rubber raft going down the Truckee river on a summer afternoon with a 6 pack of beer count as a cruise????

I´ve been on the Vision two times in your cabin category a few years ago. If they haven´t changed it there is a safe in the room but no refridgerator.

As I remember the nearest plug for your CPAP machine is in the vanity area. So it might be safer to bring an extension cord. There is no need to bring an extra long one, remember your cabin is not that large ;) .

For bathroom space there is a medicin cabinet like closet behind the mirror. You can´t see it on the first spot, so just try to open up the mirror and there will be plenty of space behind it.

I´m sure you´ll be fine in the cabin and although I now love to have a balcony I would go back to deck 2 if this would be the only way I could go. The closet space in the cabin is very well designed ynd there are many places to get things stored, but remember don´t overpack.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Tahoe Bob,

We're on the same cruise. This is our 2nd time on the Vision so please feel free to email me at RDeagazio@aol.com if you have any other questions about the ship.

To answer, there is a safe but no fridge. The counter space in the bathroom is limited, however there is storage behind the mirrors in the bathroom as well as a shelf under the sink.

I would bring an extension cord as the only outlet in the cabin is on the vanity.

Archived