why no reviews????

7nucruzers

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't today the first day cruise ships were allowed back to Grand Cayman? I was expecting the boards to be buzzing with news of how things went - but there's absolutely NOTHING!!! Everyone was so excited about this, what's the story??? We'd love to hear from someone either on a ship that was there or from the person who was doing all the corresponding about getting tourists back (can't remember the name, Island Marketing, maybe???).
We're on the Jewel to be in Georgetown on 11/18 - don't know yet if we're still going -

thanks!!

The local radio station interviewed several cruisers yesterday and they seemed very enthusiastic. Most said that they saw very little evidence of the hurricane in the George Town area and enjoyed their stay very much. See [url="http://www.docjelly.com"]www.docjelly.com[/url] - "More normalcy" for a photo of the ships in port.

Wow! hey! thanks for the link. I've already seen a big blip in traffic to my site, and I JUST posted that picture of the ships in port yesterday morning!

The "work crews" (which were all residents) have been working their way down Seven Mile Beach for the past 2 weeks. I would say a hundred or so people armed with shovels and rakes, ,big garbage bags, pickup trucks and SUN HATS! They've done an excellent job of cleaning up the main road along the beach. At the end of the day, dump trucks with loaders have come along and picked up all the "organized" debris to cart it away.

As far as the other threads go, about Soto's Cruises and stuff, a lot of phone lines are still down, even though they're on separate grids. Cellular is king down here now, and internet is coming back up here and there.

It sure was nice to see Aquaboats launching their boats, and all the beach toys and chairs out at Calico Jack's (the new beach bar at Public Beach) and BUSES FULL OF SMILING FACES heading down the beach from George Town. Really adds a touch of "things are getting back to normal" even though some people are still without power, telephone, and even worse, air conditioning.

Thankfully it's November and it's cooled off at night so it's easier to sleep!

I've added my Yahoo messenger id to my profile if anyone has any questions for me, but if I don't answer right away, it's because I'm at work and trying to make it look like Im working :D

in IE go to View>text size>Medium (yours is probably set to small or extra small)
in Firefox, go to view>increase text size.

it's technical, but I made the site use your default size * 1.5 so if your default size is set to tiny, then it'll be tiny*1.5. set it to medium and you'll be good to go. ;)

Archived