Coba Info needed

wdowns9

We will be coming into Calica via Carnival's Holiday and we are interested in going to Coba. Has anyone been there lately? I am looking at taking a cab as we do not want to have to drive nor get stuck renting a junker. Interested in admission, cost of renting a tri-cycle and cab costs.

Thanks WRD

• 1 year later...
I was just about to post this exact message when I found this old post in a search for information.

I would be very interested to know the answers to these questions if anyone can provide any info. :)

In addition, I'd be interested to know of any tour operators for Coba.

Not sure of cab costs, we always have a car when visiting the area. Admission cost 30 pesos, parking 10 peso's. You can rent a bike for the day $3, these are not great bikes, check the brakes before you leave, but they are fun. Bike "taxi" is $9. There are guides there for roughly $20 group of four. You can still climb the pyramid there, one of the last ones you can climb. It's actually taller than Chichen Itza. Nice, inexpensive restaurant outside ruins, Resturante bar la piramide, if you get there in time for breakfast have the huevos moltulenos. My mouth is watering now! Not aware if there are any tours from Calica, taxi may be your only option if you don't want to rent a car.

Archived