NCL Gem vs. Carnival Pride

woodmews

Hi I amtaking a trip with 3 teenagers and 2 adults during February School Break. We are trying to decide between the Gem and The pride.

On Gem we will have a balcony cabin and a inside. On the pride we will have 2 extended balconies.

The Gem is $500 more expensive. We live on long island.

We have sailed on the gem in a suite and if we were booking a suite there would be no question. But unfortunately no suite this time.

So is the gem worth $500 extra?????

Although we haven't done the Gem, we have done the Jewel out of NYC and the Pride. I would do the Jewel again over the Pride (even though we are doing the Pride in a few weeks..just couldn't beat the price that we got!)

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Only way we sail on NCL is in a suite, otherwise it's misrable! The Pride is an awesome ship, would sail it again in a minute. At least on Carnival there is no class distinction between suites and non-suites, you will be treated equally.

IMO I would choose carnival. My family sailed the Gem last Feb school vacation and will not do it again. There were lots of pluses and a few negatives but we still prefer carnival. Which ever you choose, have a great time.

Archived