Is this cruise crazy expensive?

Cruise Junky

San Sebastian is much closer to the stop at St-Jean-de-Luz [unless you want to visit St-Jean-Pied-de-Port to see the peregrinos about to begin their trek along the Camino de Santiago -- this was a very interesting sight for us as we were about to walk the last 100 km of the pilgrimage route, but I'm not sure it would be worth the drive into the mountains in general]. And Bilbao is very interesting in its own right: the Gehry museum, old town. Great stop.

You were too quick :). I revised my post to include st jean de luz

You were too quick :). I revised my post to include st jean de luz

Thanks for replying (and not leaving me looking stupid!). I have only driven by "luz" so don't know if it has any charms of its own. I see that it is about midway between Biarritz and San Sebastien (and the same distance -- inland -- to "pied-de-porte"). So lots of choices at that stop. For Bilbao, I would enjoy the charms of Bilbao.

Thanks for replying (and not leaving me looking stupid!). I have only driven by "luz" so don't know if it has any charms of its own. I see that it is about midway between Biarritz and San Sebastien (and the same distance -- inland -- to "pied-de-porte"). So lots of choices at that stop. For Bilbao, I would enjoy the charms of Bilbao.

Agree. I've always wanted to do the museum in Bilbao. I honestly think we should just do a land trip to cover it all.

Agree. I've always wanted to do the museum in Bilbao. I honestly think we should just do a land trip to cover it all.

Yes! The route of the Camino can easily be done by car -- certainly the eastern half from the French border to León. Bilbao is worth a day. Pamplona too [get your Hemingway groove on!] And you can't possibly do justice to Madrid from the cruise ship! For more details about northern Spain, see my blog below ("Fresco Tours "Kinder Camino" 9-2014").

Cruising on Crystal Cruises is a fantastic experience. If you are still interested in the Azamara sailing though, there is a Canadian Dollar promotion scheduled for Feb 22-29. Not sure if it will include this sailing but you may want to check it out.

Thanks. I found the details of the sale and unfortunately it only includes 2016 cruises and we're fully booked for this year. Gives hope though that the Canadian specials may continue.

• 1 year later...
Or am I missing something. This one a year later, which is one day less, is $1800 Cdn pp cheaper. Am I the only one that finds $14,000 Cdn ridiculous for a 12 day cruise in an inside cabin?

CLUB INTERIOR:

$4,999.00 USD

CLUB OCEANVIEW:

$5,499.00 USD

CLUB VERANDA:

$6,199.00 USD

CLUB CONTINENT SUITE:

$9,199.00 USD

CLUB SPA SUITE:

$12,549.00 USD

CLUB WORLD OWNER/OCEAN SUITE:

$13,899.00 USD

I checked a lot of 2017 cruises and this has the highest per diem. It's not demand as I've been checking this since day 1 and there are tons of cabins left.

MON 4-SEP Southampton, England Embark 6:00 pm

TUE 5-SEP St. Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands Tendered 8:00 am 2:00 pm

WED 6-SEP Bordeaux, France Docked 9:15 pm

THU 7-SEP Bordeaux, France Docked

FRI 8-SEP Bordeaux, France Docked 9:45 pm

SAT 9-SEP St. Jean de Luz, France Tendered 1:00 pm

SUN 10-SEP St. Jean de Luz, France Tendered 2:00 pm

SUN 10-SEP Pasajes, Spain Docked 7:00 pm

MON 11-SEP Pasajes, Spain Docked 6:00 pm

TUE 12-SEP Bilbao (San Sebastian), Spain Docked 8:00 am 11:00 pm

WED 13-SEP At Sea Cruising

THU 14-SEP Leixões (Porto), Portugal Docked 8:00 am 6:00 pm

FRI 15-SEP Lisbon, Portugal Docked 9:00 am

SAT 16-SEP Lisbon, Portugal Debark

Well I had to look didn't I? I wanted to do this itinerary badly but no way was paying $14,000 for an inside stateroom. It's now $2,800 Canadian Per Person. My hands are tied as my employees now have these dates off. I so wish they'd be reasonably priced on release. This was way overpriced. Gutted!!