Grand Princess Question

Mom2boysGA

For the past 7 or 8 years, my family and I cruise on the Grand Princess 2 - 3 times per year with a Quilt & Cruise group. We consider the Grand to be our home away from home. While there may be minor issues from time to time--this is true of any ship. What keeps us coming back is the superb value/loyalty benefits, friendly staff, yummy food. Also some great upgrades in the past couple of years, including incredibly comfortable beds and the best internet/intranet at sea!!! We love, love, love the Grand!!

Hey Everyone!!

We are in the process of planning an Alaska cruise, bucket list item for the hubby :) We like the 10 day out of San Fran but after reading some reviews on the shape of the Grand Princess, I'm a little concerned on booking it. I've read there is always something needing repair, buckets catching drips, mildew smells, creaking etc. These reviews ranged from 2015-2016. I saw she was going in for a dry dock this past December.

So for those that have been on the Grand Princess since dry dock, are there still issues or is she back to tip top shape??

Any info you can provide is great!

Thanks!!

I agree. I spent 30 days on the Grand Princess last year and am going to Hawaii on her later this year. The crew on this ship are great!

Hey SACTO Rick: Just wanted to say hey to a neighbor. As you can see I am from Dixon. Looking forward to our cruise to Alaska on the grand in June 2018.

Problems with the Grand are over blown... I took the first cruise on the Grand in l998 and have been taking cruises on her ever since home ported in San Francisco. I was on the ship last New Years, going again this January... we always book a mini suite forward or middle ship, never any problems. I have seen a few places (in public areas only) where there was a leak, but that is it. Service on the ship is outstanding. ehere eas, Just got off the Royal on a TA, I have to say I prefer the Grand to the Royal... the enhancements on the Royal don't meet my needs as nicely... simply a larger ship, with no main deck... buffet nicer but Grand can still compete in book.