Britannia obscured balcony

lodge172

Britannia, Royal Princess and Regal Princess are very similar in layout. Identical in respect of the Obstructed Balcony Cabins deck except P&O call their deck "G" deck and Princess cruises call the equivalent deck "E" deck. Just scroll down the link until you can see E325 and E324 which will be the P&O cabins G325 and G324 on Britannia. All other cabins are listed too if anyone is interested.

Regards John

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Hi does anyone know how obscured cabin G325, G324 are on Britannia.

Thanks

We were in E301 on Royal Princess a couple of years ago so would be G301 on Britannia a few cabins down from 325, and had a similar obstruction. We found it to be fine the obstruction being the lifeboat which sits below the balcony rail so you cant look down but looking out no obstruction at all.

We would definitely have no problem booking the cabin again as it is usually quite a lot cheaper.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We were in E301 on Royal Princess a couple of years ago so would be G301 on Britannia a few cabins down from 325, and had a similar obstruction. We found it to be fine the obstruction being the lifeboat which sits below the balcony rail so you cant look down but looking out no obstruction at all.

We would definitely have no problem booking the cabin again as it is usually quite a lot cheaper.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

301, which you had, looks to be reasonable to me with the rear of a lifeboat and a davit off to the side but 324/325 seem to have a piece of equipment like a sewing machine the size of Jupiter in the centre and the lifeboat's roof is extended with the coxswain's cabin also a bit in your primary view. I should think it a better idea to book by phone and have your internet on the photos library on this linked page so as you get a reasonable view and know what it is for any cabin you are offered. I am sure a better position could be obtained I should think. Also if you phone have a paper copy of the deck plan to see what is above and below any prospective cabin. free upgrades might also be worth having if the view is your primary goal and position is not crucial per se.

Regards john

• 11 months later...