The Last Chef's Table (?)

Sonora5

We just returned from a cruise on the Sun. We attended the Chef's Table for the first time. On prior cruises we never could quite fit it in.

It was a pleasant evening, lasting 4+ hours, with many courses and wine pairings. As we were seated in the private dining room two chefs spoke to us, and told us this was the last Chef's Table on any NCL ship. One chef was the original chef from the first Chef's table, and he was brought in specially because this would be the last one.

The food was a little inconsistent. The asparagus soup with cauliflower flan was delicious, and I wish they would add it to the menu in Le Bistro or Cagney's. In fact we suggested that.

The fish was good but not great, the veal chop just ok. But it was a fun evening, a total of 14 of us attended, and the wine and the conversation flowed freely.

I am glad we got to try it. They said they were looking into alternatives to replace it, we will see what they come up with.

I had read this and it's a shame really. I think I've been to 3 or 4 of them. The menu was always the same but the wine flowed freely as you said and it was always a fun evening. Ah well, time moves on...

I have done 2 Chef's Tables and enjoyed both. I hope NCL comes up with something comparable. Whatever they decide, I wish that the plans included, at least, yearly changes. Good concept, but for frequent or even infrequent cruisers, some variety would help sell the meal. IMHO.:cool:

I'm bummed to read this. We enjoyed our first chef's dinner 2 years ago and hoped to do it again on our 5/29 Getaway sailing. We had a very eclectic group and it was so much fun. On the flip side, we did the captain's dinner also and it was incredibly boring. I won't do that again.