Pride-Is the pool really covered?

theverro

Hello,

Looking at a cruise on the Pride from Baltimore departing Jan 2nd. Does the Venus really have a retractable roof, and if so, can it be used from the get go? And for past cruisers, and I know that weather can obviously vary greatly, but at what point of the cruise can the other pool and water slide start to be used?

Thanks!

Richard

We left on Jan 17th so it was cold when we left. The pool with the retractable roof was closed the first evening but the pool was open for use by midday on Monday. The pool remained open for use until we encountered winds and rough seas on Friday night/Saturday morning.

The roof was retracted at or near or right after Port Canaveral

but was closed again by Friday night or Saturday morning.

hb5

I was on the Miracle (sister ship) leaving from ny last oct during a nor'easter and it was freezing out. The covered pool area was still cool i definitely dont think it was warm enough to swim but people were in the hottubs. It did keep out any wind but again still cool. Im sure by the next day headed south youll be fine though.

Yes one pool has a retractable roof. I however have not cruised from Baltimore. my guess is that the first day to two days it will be too cool to really enjoy being outside. Same for the way back. But hey you do not have to fly, so there is the trade off. Loved the Pride when we sailed on her out of Long Beach.

Tom

Archived