Freedom of the seas med reviews

I sail on Symphony next May, so I've been looking for current Freedom of the Seas reviews to get an idea of what people think is excursions, but I haven't found many.

I've tried the search without much luck. Anyone know of any good ones they can link?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed this May - so glad we did it early in the season, in consideration of the weather conditions and crowds later in the summer!

Not sure what you're looking for as far as excursions go. We only took one RCCL tour and that was at the Naples stop:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=NP16&DestinationCode=

It has been a long-time ambition of mine to explore Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii and having taken scores of ship's tours over the years, I though this one was very worthwhile. It was very accurate to the description, efficiently run and the guide was excellent. In general, it was a good value for the money. We did a ton of research before-hand and I was content that we couldn't have done better independently for the price.

In Marseilles we had an exhilarating adventure on a private bike tour through the city and up to the peak to see Notre Dame. The company we used was E-bike Tours (http://www.ebiketours.fr). The services of our guide, equipment and itinerary were all first-rate but be warned, it is physically rigorous and the traffic conditions are not for the faint-of-heart.

Since you have a year to plan, I HIGHLY recommend you look into RomeinLimo. We hired a private car for Florence and Rome and I can't say enough good things about the experience. There is absolutely NO WAY we could have covered all the ground we did on our own or as part of a larger group. We travelled with another couple and I was shocked at how affordable the prices were per person.

I recommend Viator for searching and sorting shore tour options, even if you end up booking elsewhere. Overall, after countless hours of research we managed to have the trip of a lifetime and did absolutely everything we ever dreamed of when seeing the Med. I hope you enjoy your trip just as much! (yn)

• 2 weeks later...
I sail on Symphony next May, so I've been looking for current Freedom of the Seas reviews to get an idea of what people think is excursions, but I haven't found many.

I've tried the search without much luck. Anyone know of any good ones they can link?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ill be posting a long photo/video review upon my return...I sail Sept 3rd!