Vancouver hotel-Metropolitan?

Hubby and I are on the hunt for a nice hotel post cruise for August 1-3. Found the Metropolitan Hotel for $185 per night, which is doable for us. It looks like a nice hotel in a good location, but wanted some feedback. We will not have a car, so need something in a central location, easy distance from Canada Place.

I realize our dates are the Wednesday through Friday leading into a busy holiday weekend, and while we don't mind crowds (We're both in our early 30's) and a little nightlife, we will be coming back from 2 weeks in Alaska and will be looking to relax and sightsee a bit. Is the Met in a good location for that?

I'm open to any alternative suggestions as well. We like boutique hotels, but can't do $300/night some are asking. I know we'll be paying a bit of a premium bc of the timing.

Thank you so much for all your help!! :)

That is a busy time with the fire works competition and gay pride week in full swing - that hotel is a little by a block or two further away from both the Granville and Robson street tourist scene - it is about a four to five block walk from Canada place - slight uphill - across the street from our large Pacific Center retail mall and the Four Seasons hotel - That does appear to be good price for a hotel at that time of the year and our friend Putterdude will likely be around a little later with his thoughts as he stays at some of these hotels when he visits Vancouver.

Only a couple of blocks to our rapid transit system to the airport and close to hop on hop off stops.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Good hotel and a good location....maybe not 4* but a very high 3+*. I saw the Groupon rate the other night, if it works for you I recall it being about $159. I have been a a few of the rooms over the years and they are nice.

You may also care to check Hotwire, for those dates the are showing a 4* in the west district for $130 which generally shows up as being the Sheraton at the Wall Centre, Sutton Place or the Westin Bayshore. They are also showing a 4* in the entertainment district for $120 which is likely the Westin Grand.

Thanks for the great feedback you guys! Especially the Groupon info. I ended up calling them to check availability to use the Groupon for our dates, and was able to get an even lower rate. $174 for an upgraded luxury king room including breakfast both mornings in the restaurant. I wouldn't even have known about the deal without this board. Thanks again!!!

" wouldn't even have known about the deal without this board. Thanks again!!! "

While it has it's share of problems the internet can be a very useful information tool - there is also a Groupon offer right now of a saving on a harbour cruise. Don't have the link handy but saw it in an email.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived