Opera - cabin vs suite perks

Jane110

My mother and her BF are booking on the MSC Opera in Feb for the caribbean. We've never heard of this line, but some of their friends will be going.

They would be booking a cabin with a balcony as a suite isn't in their budget. Once they book, I'm thinking of asking the TA the difference between the two cat's, and perhaps paying the difference myself to make their cruise really special. The TA, though very nice, isn't all that knowledgeable about the line.

However, before doing that, I'd like to know the difference in the service and amenities offered. From the MSC website, there doesn't seem to be any difference other than the suite being a lot larger.

So, are there any perks for booking the suite other than getting a larger room? Other cruiselines offer things like free laundry, champagne, priority bookings/seatings, butler service, free internet access, etc etc. Does the Opera tempt people to book the suites because of a list of perks, or do you simply get a larger, nicer cabin?

Assuming we stay with the regular balconied cabin, does anyone see any advantages or disadvantages to booking on the 9th or 10th deck?

Thanks all!

Jane

Pujro,

Many thanks for the links.

I got to the TA today who told me that there was a big price difference between the regular cabins w/ balcony and the "suites" which not only isn't a suite, but there are no extra amenities.

I think I'll just give them a shipboard credit as a gift. The upgrade price doesn't seem worth it.

Again, thanks.

Jane

Pujro,

Many thanks for the links.

I got to the TA today who told me that there was a big price difference between the regular cabins w/ balcony and the "suites" which not only isn't a suite, but there are no extra amenities.

I think I'll just give them a shipboard credit as a gift. The upgrade price doesn't seem worth it.

Again, thanks.

Jane

Archived