Anyone back from QM2 Jan 22-29?

david2673

Hi Chicago

I will be sailing on QM2 in December for a Caribbean cruise. Quick couple of questions. I was invited on the ship when she was in NY for 3 days and didn’t get to see the tender lobby area. I heard there is one but the deck plans don’t show it. Could you please tell me where the lobby is located? Do they have a seating area or do u stand on line like QE2?

Also I heard that there are two platform doors that are opened and lowered down into the water. However because that are directly across from each other only one can be opened at a time as they had a problem earlier this year when water began coming in.

Cheers - MK

I was on the 1/15 - I thought the tenders went very well. There are 2 areas and you take the steps down from level 2 outside Royal Court Theatre. They do have sitting areas - although I never had to wait - They do have to scan your card as you come and go - getting back on takes a little bit of time since you and your purchases, belongings, etc. have to go through the security scanners. If you go on shore excursions booked through the ship, you have a time to meet in the Theatre and then they call you to go. Worked very smoothly.

Enjoy!

sea-sea-

Plenty of seating room in the tenders lobby and there are usually two of them - one that is a mix of passengers and crew and the other that is just passengers....both run very efficiently. If you do not have an excursion planned (and therefore don't have an immediate pass), I would recommend waiting for 1.5 hours after the beginning of the tenders - it runs more smoothly with less wait/lines.

Have a great time! I will be on the 6/3 trans and the 8/15 medit. if anyone else here is going to be on either!!!

Archived