Carnival Journey Cruises Main Dining Room Menu

NWACruiser

Since we are booked on two Journeys cruises next year and never have been on one, I was wondering if the MDR menus are different each night for the entire cruise, or, do they repeat at some point. If so, how much do they vary?

There were a few entrees that repeated but never the entire menu. Like on day 11 they might serve the vegetable lasagna again from embarkation night, while on day 12 it might be the rosemary chicken that was served on day 3.

Also if there are consecutive seadays they will flip-flop between the brunch service and the old breakfast with separate lunch seating menus.

Any items that do repeat will be a bit different. I remember Beef Wellington was served twice. One was sliced from a roast and the second was served in a puff pastry shell.

Prime rib might have been served twice.

The lunch buffet did repeat a bit. As did the carved meats.

If there’s lots of seas days we’ve had three sea days where they served breakfast and lunch instead of brunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any items that do repeat will be a bit different. I remember Beef Wellington was served twice. One was sliced from a roast and the second was served in a puff pastry shell.

If there’s lots of seas days we’ve had three sea days where they served breakfast and lunch instead of brunch.

Is it still called Beef Wellington if it isn't in a pastry type shell.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Is it still called Beef Wellington if it isn't in a pastry type shell.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

On Carnival it is [emoji12]

Carnival has an interesting way of naming things. They have a Noodle dish in Broth which is a decent Vietnamese Pho’ , a lentil and rice crepe that is finally renamed Masala Dosa, chick pea fritters which are falafel balls. So if they want to call a non-traditional beef Wellington by that name, so be it.

• 3 months later...

I’m going on my first carnival journey cruise next month (12 nights). I was curious about the menu in the MDR. Will the first 7 days of the journey cruise be the same? Or will it be difference from the beginning? I also wanted to know if there’s an extra elegant night?

Oh no! 😯 Brunch is my favorite meal! One of the reasons I was so excited about this cruise. I love the filet mignon, mac & cheese and banana creme pie. I don’t think I ever had lunch in the MDR so I’m not sure about the lunch menu.