Shore Tours In Suva

Skyrules

We went to Suva about 8 years ago and it is a very beautiful place (wonderful countryside) - we did a tour on a small bus that went up to a lookout and we have local fruits. The local's sang to us, it was very pretty.

Im not big into the tours though as overall I think they can be dissapointing and expensive for what you actually get. Depends how much a tourist you are, if you like seeing things as opposed to shopping or just lazing around a beach then yeah go do the tour thing.

I didnt like the louts hanging around in Suva, however all the shop keepers and the majority of people we met were very nice. I think it is a place to be careful of your own safety and stay in a group !

have fun,

whoey.

Hi Kym

We went to Suva last year on the P/Sky on a cruise the departed from NZ. I think they have let the township run down, but what we did was to hire a taxi for about $10 - $15 for one and a half hours. You can pick them up anywhere in the township. He took us to the wealthy parts of Suva, then the poor parts. A great difference between the two. As Whoey said in his thread, the countryside is wonderful. There are a few louts around the township, so it pays to go out with others. Later in the afternoon we found a nice little bar just about 5 minutes walk from the ship and the people really looked after us well. Needless to say, it was a very happy and wobbly walk back to the ship.

I do remember that tours were available to book on the ship, but we were told that the taxis were a better deal.

Roland.

Archived