Changing Reserved Cabins, after payment

J&R-Chicago

Good Morning All,

Is it possible to change your assigned/choosen cabin after your reservation has been made. And paid for? I'm talking about upgrading to a better cabin?

If that is possible, would you just have to pay the difference between your current reservation and the cost of the cabin you'd be changning to?

Say you have a balcony cabin for $700 and you see they have Sky Suites available for $850. Can you change to the Sky Suite and then just pay the difference? The extra $150 pp?

Are there any restriction on doing this?

Is it advantageous to keep an eye on current prices to see if something might come along that's in your comfort zone? Price wise speaking.

Thanks, everybody have a great day !!

Yes - it is done all the time.

But just to make sure we're at the same place: You'll have to pay the the full price of the cabin you want less the amount you've paid for your existing cabin. This means that you might have to pay more than the price difference between the two cabins if the price you paid for your current cabin has gone up since you booked.

We've also been able to switch cabins in the same class (such as C1 to C1) with no cost difference if one we'd prefer opens up due to a cancellation. This has been the case even if the price of the cabin has increased since we've booked.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

What happens if the cabin you want to move to, is now priced less that what your paid originally for the first cabin?

I'm guessing there's no refunds or credits issued?

From what I understand, after final payment there are no credits for price reductions. They are not consistent on cabin changes after final payment. We were booked in CC and tried to change to FV for an additional charge. This was not allowed because it was not considered an upgrade.

Looking at my reservation online, it doesn't give me an option to change the cabin. All I can do is view it.

Does that mean I prohibited from changing? Or only doing so online and I would need to call directly?

I have a Sky Suite on the Century reserved, so granted, there isn't much to change up to. But they are still selling the Royal Suite, so there are some available.

(I'm just trying to understand how it all works, should there be a remote chance something would be attractive.)

You could put a hold on the cabin but will have to talk to a rep to make the change. Changing to an FV after final payment happens all the time since it is around final payment date that the FV's are released to couples. Getting an OBC if the new cabin is less than the price of the cabin you have already purchased might be the problem especially if X calls it a downgrade.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

What happens if the cabin you want to move to, is now priced less that what your paid originally for the first cabin?

I'm guessing there's no refunds or credits issued?

You would only get a shipboard credit for the difference if you booked the cruise before May 17th, when Celebrity then had a policy change to prohibit refunds/credits after final payment. You can still upgrade and pay the increased price difference. Contact your TA for any changes you want to make; you cannot do it online. Kathy

Looking at my reservation online, it doesn't give me an option to change the cabin. All I can do is view it.

Does that mean I prohibited from changing? Or only doing so online and I would need to call directly?

I have a Sky Suite on the Century reserved, so granted, there isn't much to change up to. But they are still selling the Royal Suite, so there are some available.

(I'm just trying to understand how it all works, should there be a remote chance something would be attractive.)

You can't do this yourself online - need help of your TA or Celebrity Customer Service over the phone.

Archived