Recent experiences re Paul Gauguin transition?

georg0

Any recent updates or experiences on Paul Gauguin related to transition from Regent to Paul Gauguin Cruises? I hope the delight of the ship and the South Pacific continue, even though we will all miss the wonderful Regent Care and Pampering.

No problem, Wendy! Since I'm on the line, can anyone refresh my memory about how many francs one may need, at least to start? I remember the transportation from hotel to ship was cash only. We are going from the airport to the dock though this time, and I have to admit I have not looked into that yet. I recall some of the little vendors took dollars but the shuttle was local currency. We would like to have enough with us this time. Anyone?

Don't tell me you're going again, already? Lucky you guys!

You can get money at the airport, it's quite simple. We have never taken francs with us (except the few we save to make sure we go back!). We usuallly get about $100-worth to start. Cab at night might be as much as $30, but I bet it will be less (they charge more at night.)

When are you going?

Wendy, it's been four years! Is that soon? I always wanted to return--polynesian flu, lol--but the fares were so high. Then I found fares on an airline employee website that were absolute steals! I told my boyfriend/partner that these too good to be true fares were an amazing deal and convinced an adventurer sort of guy who has never cruised nor wanted to that this is an amazing vacation! We depart mar 6th.

Archived