Vivo Beach Club excursion

Brittboy

• 1 month later...

What is included in this "tours" to VIVO? Because I'd guess they're just "transfers" to/from the ship/club. There was an article very recently in the local paper that they're just reopened for business after hurricane Maria and they added a new micro-brewery. VIVO is a private beach club so a "transfer"and a day pass (not even available to local non-members) is a great combination if you think the price is right.

• 2 weeks later...
We are thinking of booking it too for the March 3rd Freedom cruise.

We're looking to book this for our cruise the end of April. If you did this excursion, we'd like to know how it was, and if you got the lunch. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

My son and I took this excursion on the Harmony last August and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. The resort is a few miles from the port across the street from the airport. First class facility. Beach access and a beautiful pool and grounds. Very friendly staff. The lunch was better than I expected. It was served buffet style under a nice very large wooden shelter overlooking the ocean. Delicious. I can recommend this without hesitation. Wish I could go there during the evening. Very large stage and party area. Cool modern place.

My son and I took this excursion on the Harmony last August and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. The resort is a few miles from the port across the street from the airport. First class facility. Beach access and a beautiful pool and grounds. Very friendly staff. The lunch was better than I expected. It was served buffet style under a nice very large wooden shelter overlooking the ocean. Delicious. I can recommend this without hesitation. Wish I could go there during the evening. Very large stage and party area. Cool modern place.

We have 6 in our party and at around 95pp is it worth that much $$? Thanks!

We booked this after talking to RC. It sounds like it meets at 9am and last 4.5 hours. They keep your luggage in the bus/van and you get lunch while you are there also as I understand. It should end at 1:30. Its' very close to the airport also so if need be we could get a taxi to run us to the airport early but our flight isn't until 3:50 so it just reassurance.

If transportation was $25 to the airport and lunch somewhere like the airport was $30 that's $55 dollars that we would be spending anyway - so for the net cost of $125 to stretch the vacation out a few more hours versus sitting at the airport, for us it's worth it.

Edited by weaverken

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just were there on May 2nd. We paid $49 per person without lunch. It was a very nice beach, beautiful pool, nice place for lunch, friendly and helpful staff. We bought our lunch and it was very good. We could see the buffet, and it looked very nice, but I'm glad we didn't get it. Looked like mostly salads. I think there might have been something with rice and some seafood, but not sure. My husband would not have been happy with it. but it all looked fresh. the loungers were free, and we asked about an umbrella. they said they were free. So we asked for one, and they brought this thing that was like a tent that went over two loungers. Very nice. The pool had umbrellas around it. A real nice place.

The only problem we had was with the transportation back. The buses kept getting filled up, and when we got to the last one, there weren't any seats left. The driver said we would have to wait on another bus, but I was worried. So I got on the bus until he called someone. Then he asked if there was anyone on there that was from the other cruise ship, and there were. So he made them get off so we could het on. Not the beach club's doing. It was the excursion's driver's that weren't doing their jobs. My son got on the bus we were told to go back on, and he said there were a bunch of empty seats.

• 3 weeks later...

Im also on the Jun 14 Anthem as well, me and my wife are looking for something other than walking old san juan. We went to some beach years ago, and it wasn't that great. So we decided to give Vivo beach club a try. Since my wife doesn't want to do the hand gliding excursion.

While trying to get some info on the beach club I noticed Carnival charges $30 less for the same excursion, and $50 less if you don't want the lunch option.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Im also on the Jun 14 Anthem as well, me and my wife are looking for something other than walking old san juan. We went to some beach years ago, and it wasn't that great. So we decided to give Vivo beach club a try. Since my wife doesn't want to do the hand gliding excursion.

While trying to get some info on the beach club I noticed Carnival charges $30 less for the same excursion, and $50 less if you don't want the lunch option.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm on the June 14 on Anthem as well. We have 6 in our party and since we get in so early we decided it wasnt worth $95pp. Be sure to post how the excursion is!

All these prices sounds so expensive or is it me??? I Purchased a beach break package through Island Marketing in PR and for $45.00 i got a great meal, drinks that i never finished and lounge chairs. This location did not have a pool but i wanted beach when south. Great beach too must be close to this other beach club. Been a few years so not sure whats the what anymore though.