Cosol Tours

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:36 PM.
NH
2,861 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Plenty of bathroom stops? Pam
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
image=Beach-2018&text=Love%20to%20cruise&ship=Navigator%20of%2 0the%20Seas[/IMG][/url]
RCI Granduer 02/99 Vision 01/04/01 Adventure 01/15/12
Celebrity Summit 02/10/10 Solstice 07/29/16
Crown Princess 01/29/11 Golden Princess Regal Princess 01/31/16
NCL Dawn 04/21/13 Repo Dawn 01/26/14 Dawn 05/09/17 Escape 01/21/17 Dawn 6/2017 Navigator 01/19/18
HAL Eurodam 02/08 14th cruise MSC Seaside 01/26/19 NCL Dawn June?
NC
325 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
I sent him (Cosol) an email,,it was answered in 1 day! We are reserved with his service for our trip and cant wait!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10/13 Breeze(counting down!)
11/11 Victory
01/10 Glory
03/09 Sensation
06/08 Destiny
07/07 Valor
03/06 Inspiration
04/05 Glory
09/04 Inspiration
02 Holiday
98 Nordic Empress RC
NH
2,861 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by thompsongunner06
I sent him (Cosol) an email,,it was answered in 1 day! We are reserved with his service for our trip and cant wait!
When are you going. We booked for Jan 19 012. Very excited! Pam
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
image=Beach-2018&text=Love%20to%20cruise&ship=Navigator%20of%2 0the%20Seas[/IMG][/url]
RCI Granduer 02/99 Vision 01/04/01 Adventure 01/15/12
Celebrity Summit 02/10/10 Solstice 07/29/16
Crown Princess 01/29/11 Golden Princess Regal Princess 01/31/16
NCL Dawn 04/21/13 Repo Dawn 01/26/14 Dawn 05/09/17 Escape 01/21/17 Dawn 6/2017 Navigator 01/19/18
HAL Eurodam 02/08 14th cruise MSC Seaside 01/26/19 NCL Dawn June?
10 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by thompsongunner06
We also are book with cosol
NC
325 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
We are on the Nov 20th cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10/13 Breeze(counting down!)
11/11 Victory
01/10 Glory
03/09 Sensation
06/08 Destiny
07/07 Valor
03/06 Inspiration
04/05 Glory
09/04 Inspiration
02 Holiday
98 Nordic Empress RC
Boston, MA
38 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
So I was considering Cosol because of all the great reviews here, but I'm really having doubts. Looking at tripadvisor at cosol tours and sorting by rating, there are a number of bad reviews and things that were mentioned were seriously concerning to me, since I'd be going with children. Like dirty bathrooms, people on the beach smoking dope, that you only really stop for a few minutes, one person said the driver they had (which was not cosol) was hostile, another said their driver didn't tell them anything, another said the fresh local bread and cheese was cheese slices and a couple breadsticks.

Also, I find it very suspcious that of all the tours on St. Lucia on that site Cosol has 348 reviews and the next best rated one (James I believe) only 30. Lots of people with 1 review make me think he just goes on and gives himself good reviews. I am concerned they could be doing that here as well.

Someone point out that the reviews earlier in this thread mentioned the blue bus and the rum punch a lot and that maybe they were very free flowing with the alcohol and that made the tour seem much better in everyone's eyes. (Not that I have a problem with that, but we aren't going as a couple)

Anyone go on this tour and not drink? Would you recommend this for small children?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming
Jan 2012 - 7nt Carnival Victory - San Juanto St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Maarten & St. Kitts

Past
May 2011 - 8nt Carnival Miracle - NYC to HMC, Grand Turk & Nassau
Charlotte, NC
2,079 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Originally posted by sapereaude
So I was considering Cosol because of all the great reviews here, but I'm really having doubts. Looking at tripadvisor at cosol tours and sorting by rating, there are a number of bad reviews and things that were mentioned were seriously concerning to me, since I'd be going with children. Like dirty bathrooms, people on the beach smoking dope, that you only really stop for a few minutes, one person said the driver they had (which was not cosol) was hostile, another said their driver didn't tell them anything, another said the fresh local bread and cheese was cheese slices and a couple breadsticks.

Also, I find it very suspcious that of all the tours on St. Lucia on that site Cosol has 348 reviews and the next best rated one (James I believe) only 30. Lots of people with 1 review make me think he just goes on and gives himself good reviews. I am concerned they could be doing that here as well.

Someone point out that the reviews earlier in this thread mentioned the blue bus and the rum punch a lot and that maybe they were very free flowing with the alcohol and that made the tour seem much better in everyone's eyes. (Not that I have a problem with that, but we aren't going as a couple)

Anyone go on this tour and not drink? Would you recommend this for small children?
I'll try and remember to answer your post when I get back. I am going as a couple but don't drink
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

10/16 RC Anthem of the Seas 9 days to Bermuda/Caribbean *** 8/15 Carnival Fantasy 4 day to Nassau *** 8/14 Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean *** 11/13 Carnival Legend http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953119 ***11/12 Carnival Valor - Link to review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1738926 *** 11/11 Carnival Victory - Link to review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522835 *** 6/10 NCL Dawn *** 1/10 RCCL Mariner of the Seas *** 5/09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas *** 11/07 Crown Princess *** 11/06 NCL Jewel *** 11/05 NCL Jewel ***11/04 NCL Majesty

Huntsville, ON
113 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
When are you going in January? We're going on the Carnival Victory on January 29th.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Harmony of the Seas 2016
Liberty of the Seas 2016
Caribbean Princess 2014
Carnival Sunshine 2014, 2015, 2016
Carnival Glory 2013
Celebrity Silhouette 2013, 2015
Celebrity Reflection 2013
Carnival Victory 2005, 2009, 2010 2011, 2012 x2
Carnival Liberty 2008
Carnival Triumph 2006 & 2009
Carnival Imagination 2010 b2b
Carnival Ecstasy 2000
Pickerington, Oh.
12,403 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by sapereaude

I just went to trip advisor went back 4 pages and didnt see a bad thing said

We also just returned from St Kitts and the Carnival Victory our 13th cruise. I dont pass out compiliments lightlly. I have to agree with the review above me we there right after he was. For the money and what he includes , he has sodas and water beer as well if you so desire , iwould suggest e-mailing and telling him what you would like to drink. He mentioned to us that he should ask as my wife likes diet sodas and we drank a lot of beer and water. He wouldnt mind as it all the same to him and he would just assume you would be happy. The only thing we wernt crazy about was the beach he took us to but I am sure he would have went somewhere else had we ask. But we were pretty much beached out at that point so it was just a quick stop to eat and realx a couple of of group did do some snorkeling which was good . I know one of my CC friends has already booked him on my recomendation. But if you dont feel comfortable with him there are several others waiting at the docks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Steve
Live life like theres no tomorrow
UK
54 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Proberbly our best tour on the cruise, fast to get up and running, so much food and drink, lots to learn about this loverly island, special thanks
to the Fat man our driver just the best time.
Pickerington, Oh.
12,403 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
I apoglgize I somehow had the wrong tour in mind , I was thinking Royston from St. Kitts We have done Cosol a few years back , no complaints other than its a long day
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Steve
Nebraska
4,702 Posts
Joined May 2006
Alright, I have my anti flame suit on so I'm going to give a different point of view.
We were on Miracle this last week and did Cosol tour and HATED it!!! The water, soda and for those who drank rum punch and beers were plentiful, I didn't drink but might have enjoyed the tour except for a few things.
The first place we stopped was for bananas, people were giving out sugar cane and other things, if you took anything they wanted tipped, so ok we tipped no biggie, but then............. our first of VERY LIMITED bathroom stops, charged a dollar to use the rest room. So many people with their hands out this tour, we felt nickled and dimed to death.
The island is beautiful but the tour is by bus and they drive very fast on up and down ground, felt sorta like a roller coaster ride. Trying to get pictures as they sped by was very hard, and often frustrating.
We got off the bus and onto a dive boat to the beach, we were allowed on the crappy side of the beach, the nice side was for the hotel guests, it was rocky, and those without water shoes suffered. Also it rained the whole time, which is not their fault, but they dropped us off at a beach with little shelter in the rain, came back an hour later to get us.
When asked if someone could just stay on the bus instead of go to the beach, the answer was no.
Perhaps we got a new driver? I cannot even remember the name of our driver, but it was not Cosol, and not anyone who's picture has been posted here.
I guess we were lucky in the long run, I heard that someone else on our ship was on the same tour in a different bus and it was so roller coaster like that there was people throwing up
Anyway I'm usually all about the private tours, had a WONDERFUL time with both Bernard in St Martin and Thenford Gray was outstanding, but I really did not enjoy Cosol, and most of our group felt the same.
Different strokes...
Cheers, Carole
Rhode Island
97 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
@Schwabob:

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know, I really enjoyed your pics. Brings back memories of Cosol's tour we did back in 2008. LOVED it and, actually, trying to book another cruise with St. Lucia as a port so we can do it again.

Thanks for sharing!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Magic--February 2002--Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas--February 2004--Western Caribbean
Norwegian Jewel--February 2008--Southern Caribbean
Caribbean Princess--December 2010--Southern Caribbean
Upcoming: Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas--April 2015--Southern Caribbean
Virginia
257 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
We were also on the Miracle - and took Cosol's tour. We had Cosol himself as our driver. I have to tell you, this was actually our second tour with Cosol. We did the tour when we were on the Victory in 2010, and were so pleased, we wanted to do it again. There are plenty of stops - with people trying to sell things - but all you have to do is say NO, and they leave you alone. We found this to be true for all of the islands we visited. Cosol makes plenty of stops for "scenic" pictures, and is always in touch with all of his drivers. He is very proud of his island, and makes a special effort to make sure his passengers are comfortable, and have a great time. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain when we got to the volcano, so we decided not to go through. A great time was had by all in our van.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10/07 Carnival Glory
10/09 Carnival Liberty
10/10 Carnival Victory
10/11-Carnival Miracle
10/12-Carnival Valor
10/13-Carnival Breeze
11/14 Carnival Splendor
11/15 Carnival Conquest
Nebraska
4,702 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by cruisingforthe25th
We were also on the Miracle - and took Cosol's tour. We had Cosol himself as our driver. I have to tell you, this was actually our second tour with Cosol. We did the tour when we were on the Victory in 2010, and were so pleased, we wanted to do it again. There are plenty of stops - with people trying to sell things - but all you have to do is say NO, and they leave you alone. We found this to be true for all of the islands we visited. Cosol makes plenty of stops for "scenic" pictures, and is always in touch with all of his drivers. He is very proud of his island, and makes a special effort to make sure his passengers are comfortable, and have a great time. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain when we got to the volcano, so we decided not to go through. A great time was had by all in our van.
Hi Sue!!!! Glad you guys enjoyed the tour, it may simply have been the driver of the van. We just didn't feel the tour like so many have. It was pouring a LOT which probably didn't help, but we were not thrilled with something they have no control over, the up and down and around of the roads. Our driver was not very personable either, he didn't really mention where to get the drinks and to watch out for the aggressive vendors, it was hard to tell who was involved in the tour and who was just out to make a buck.
All in all we enjoyed Bernard in St Martin and Thenford Gray much more.
Maybe would have had a different point of view if we had Cosol!!
Carole
Pickerington, Oh.
12,403 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by kyrisong1
Alright, I have my anti flame suit on so I'm going to give a different point of view.
We were on Miracle this last week and did Cosol tour and HATED it!!! The water, soda and for those who drank rum punch and beers were plentiful, I didn't drink but might have enjoyed the tour except for a few things.
The first place we stopped was for bananas, people were giving out sugar cane and other things, if you took anything they wanted tipped, so ok we tipped no biggie, but then............. our first of VERY LIMITED bathroom stops, charged a dollar to use the rest room. So many people with their hands out this tour, we felt nickled and dimed to death.
The island is beautiful but the tour is by bus and they drive very fast on up and down ground, felt sorta like a roller coaster ride. Trying to get pictures as they sped by was very hard, and often frustrating.
We got off the bus and onto a dive boat to the beach, we were allowed on the crappy side of the beach, the nice side was for the hotel guests, it was rocky, and those without water shoes suffered. Also it rained the whole time, which is not their fault, but they dropped us off at a beach with little shelter in the rain, came back an hour later to get us.
When asked if someone could just stay on the bus instead of go to the beach, the answer was no.
Perhaps we got a new driver? I cannot even remember the name of our driver, but it was not Cosol, and not anyone who's picture has been posted here.
I guess we were lucky in the long run, I heard that someone else on our ship was on the same tour in a different bus and it was so roller coaster like that there was people throwing up
Anyway I'm usually all about the private tours, had a WONDERFUL time with both Bernard in St Martin and Thenford Gray was outstanding, but I really did not enjoy Cosol, and most of our group felt the same.
Different strokes...
Cheers, Carole
LOL no Flames here , I dont disagree , We went a few years back found it hot LONG and tiring , I dont have the best health and you are right bathroom breaks were at a minimum so I never drank anything till the end of the tour. Now it was an ok tour, I agree with you on the beach as well must have been the same one.

We just came back from St Lucia and went on our own this time to Pigeon Island National Park , much nicer beach and we enjoyed our day a LOT more.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Steve
Sunny AZ
23,955 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by frito58
We just came back from St Lucia and went on our own this time to Pigeon Island National Park , much nicer beach and we enjoyed our day a LOT more.
Do you mind me asking how you got there and if there was good snorkeling?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ginny

October 7,2019 - Adventure of the Seas Snowbird Migration Cruise!

My Bucket List Cruises:
British Isles - Ireland Booked September 2018!
Northeast/Canada Fall Colors -Booked! October 2019!
Japan/Asia
Italy & Greek Islands
European River Cruise
Australia/Tahiti
Hawaii - again!

Happy Memories...
Big Red Boat 06/93 (Bahamas)~ Explorer of the Seas 06/05 (Western Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas 04/06 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Monarch of the Seas 12/06 (Baja Mexico) ~ Monarch of the Seas 04/07 (Baja Mexico) ~ Golden Princess 01/08 (Mexican Riviera) ~ Explorer of the Seas 04/08 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Caribbean Princess 05/09 (Southern Caribbean) ~ Radiance of the Seas 09/09 (Cabo San Lucas) ~ Mariner of the Seas 05/10 (Mexican Riviera) ~ Carnival Spirit 07/10 (Alaska) ~ NCL Pride of America 05/11 (Hawaii)~ Allure of the Seas 04/13 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas B2B 05/14 (Southern Caribbean) ~ Oasis of the Seas 05/15 (Western Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas 10/15 (Panama Canal) ~ Harmony of the Seas 10/16 (Transatlantic) ~ Freedom of he Seas 10/17 (Transatlantic)

Oasis of the Seas 2015 Pictorial Review
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean B2B 2014 Pictorial Review

Allure of the Seas 2013 Pictorial Review!

Are you an Arizona Cruiser? Come Join The Fun! "Never Ending Circle of Friends"
Nebraska
4,702 Posts
Joined May 2006
LOL no Flames here , I dont disagree , We went a few years back found it hot LONG and tiring , I dont have the best health and you are right bathroom breaks were at a minimum so I never drank anything till the end of the tour. Now it was an ok tour, I agree with you on the beach as well must have been the same one.

Hi Steve, We would like to go back to this island to get a different point of view, thanks for the heads up about Pigeon Island National Park, I will definitely look into it next time.
I'm know many people enjoy Cosol, it was just too much bus time, driving around ALL day was just not for us.
Cheers, Carole
In the South
1,031 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Took this tour in April this year. Two words that come to mind are "AWESOME", and "WOW". If I had it to do over again, I would not hesitate to go with Cosol Tours! ....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life is too Short, Let me Live it on a Cruise!

PAST CRUISES:
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, Nov. 1997, RCCL Majesty of the Seas, Jan. 2010, CCL Victory, April 2010, NCL Spirit, March 2012, CCL Elation, April 2012, CCL Conquest, Feb. 2013, CCL Conquest, Nov. 2013, RCCL Serenade of the Seas, March 2014, CCL Elation, Jan. 2015, NCL Dawn, Nov. 2015, NCL Jade, Dec. 2017
Boston, MA
38 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by gypthecat
My wife and I went on Cosol's tour around St Lucia on October 13th, 2011. We were from the cruise ship Emerald Princess. We can honestly say......forget the rest, Cosol is simply THE BEST! From the moment we stepped on the bus with the rest of the passengers, Cosol treated us all to a truly magnificent and memorable day. We saw so many lovely places on the beautiful island of St Lucia, and had a great time. Nothing was any trouble for Cosol, and he's the friendliest man you could wish to meet. His knowledge of the island and his genuine openness shine through like a beacon light. The value of the whole package was top notch, and nothing was skimped on. There were plentiful supplies of food and drinks, both alcohol based and non-alcoholic. To anyone visiting St Lucia and wishing to take a tour, I would unreservedly recommend Cosol's tour. I'm confident that you won't find one anywhere near as good, let alone better. All the other passengers on our bus enjoyed themselves, and they all remarked upon that fact. The other drivers, including Cosol's brother, all seemed affable men and I spoke to other people on the other buses and they were all fullsome in their praise of the tour. I honestly didn't see any of the negatives that you've mentioned, and I would reckon that judging by Cosol's natural personality that children in families would be well catered for too on the tour. I'm sure if you take the tour, you will thoroughly enjoy it. All the best!
While I appreciate your response, this kind of thing is exactly the problem. This is your only post on these boards. I don't want to insult you personally, maybe you are really just happy about the tour, but I know that if I was a tour operator I would be trolling this site and have 100 different identities giving awesome reviews of myself, so I have to be skeptical.

Originally posted by kyrisong1
Different strokes...
Cheers, Carole
Thanks for offering your perspective.

I just went to trip advisor went back 4 pages and didnt see a bad thing said
You have to sort by rating to see the poor ratings, because as I said there is an inordinate number of 5 star reviews by reviewers with only 1 review on the site.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming
Jan 2012 - 7nt Carnival Victory - San Juanto St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Maarten & St. Kitts

Past
May 2011 - 8nt Carnival Miracle - NYC to HMC, Grand Turk & Nassau