Temperature on Scandanavian Cruise

mas3335

My family and I are taking a cruise the first week of July from Southampton to Belgium, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. We know what the average temperatures are for the ports but we'd like to know what tempertures to expect on the cruise ship deck while sailing. Would we need heavy jackets? Light jackets?

We're used to 100 degree temps during the summer.

It won't be a hundred degrees, that's for sure. If you get a cool day and a cold wind, you'll not want to be on deck at all. If you're used to 100 degrees, I'd take what passes for a winter coat wherever you come from. Remember the ship generates its own 20mph wind when it's moving, and if there's already a head wind, it gets a bit breezy.

• 2 weeks later...
My family and I are taking a cruise the first week of July from Southampton to Belgium, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. We know what the average temperatures are for the ports but we'd like to know what tempertures to expect on the cruise ship deck while sailing. Would we need heavy jackets? Light jackets?

We're used to 100 degree temps during the summer.

North sea can be cool for us, it will be freezing for you. :)

1 warm fleece. 1 warm anorak. 1 light weight anorak.

Take layers. We did a Norwegian Fjord cruise in Mid June last year and had varying weather.

In Amsterdam very hot and sunny, which is what we had left behind in London. In Bergen, cold, extremely wet and very windy. In Stavanger dry and about 15C, but the rest of the time it was fairly mild and OK, but not hot.

However, it was still light at 01.00 with amazing sunsets, so the very long days compensated for the lack of hot, sunny days.

We are Brits, so used to this kind of changeable weather. It didn't spoil our holiday at all.

Archived