Snorkle tours French Polynesia

travelax

I am touring with marc in Huahine and hopefully Stephane in Raitea. Does anyone know if they supply snorkle equipment or must you supply your own? On the Tahitian princess 8/15

David:cool:

I am touring with marc in Huahine and hopefully Stephane in Raitea. Does anyone know if they supply snorkle equipment or must you supply your own? On the Tahitian princess 8/15

David:cool:

i heard the equipment like masks and snorkles are pretty bad and falling apart. we just bought a mask and snorkle for $18 each. not abad deal price wise. the sdtore owner said he had the same set and found it just as good as the more expensive sets. if you want more info about them let me know on this thread and i'll get back to you.

hal

carry your own snorkle and mask. Sams or Cosco has a set with flippers for 39.00 They have life jackets on board. You really don't need flippers but they do come in handy if you have a stiff current, which marc's snorkel does. Make sure to get a couple of pair of aqua shoes. You WILL NEED THEM!!! Have a wonderful time

Nancy

Have been doing a bit of shopping on and off the web for snorkel sets. Anybody know about the US Diver Brand or the Body Glove brand. Sports authority carries them. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Have snorkeled but wouldn't want to take it up as a profession so don't need a high class set

Dave:confused:

• 1 month later...

Any recommendations on a snorkle vest? My husband and I have snorkle, mask, and fins. We have practiced in Hawaii and Florida. He floats better than I do. On the Princess cruise, I saw some passengers with vests, but I didn't feel the need for one on Princess Cay. Should I get one for FP snorkeling? Any recommendations? I don't want a bulky life vest; am hoping for something easy to pack too.

MichTraveler,

A snorkel vest is not a necessity, it's a safety option. If you were to have trouble while out in the water, let's say from exhaustion from swimming in a current, you can put air into the vest to help keep you afloat.

My wife and I both have all of our own equipment, including vests. I've never had the occasion to need to inflate my vest, while she does so on every snorkel trip. She doesn't like going underwater and this insures that she doesn't.

There are few second chances when problems occur in the water so we just prefer to have the vests.

Definitely buy yourself a snorkle vest for FP if you are not a great swimmer. Any type that can deflate/inflate as needed is your best option for packing. They do not supply them on most tours and some of the snorkeling tours are in deep water. It is better to be safe and have them if you need them.

MichTraveler,

We're almost neighbors.

Sunfield is located about midway between Lansing and Grand Rapids on M-43. It about 20 miles south of Ionia, just east of the intersection of M43/M66.

Pop. 550

Archived