Timezones intineraries are listed in?

Neotericisis

Hey, I am from the east coast, so I am assuming that my cruise ship itinerary is list in EST- at least the departure and arrival LOL. Do I have to calculate the difference in time at the local time at my arrival port, ie: cozumel is under CST, so when my itinerary says arriving in Cozumel at 1pm, is it really 12 pm in Cozumel local time? Or is the itinerary listed as 1pm because the ship will be arriving at 1pm Cozumel local time.

I want to know because I want to be prepared for excursions etc. I want to just do the beach, but DH wants to do ziplining, I know many outside actitivies end at 5, so the extra hour would really make a difference.

Hey, I am from the east coast, so I am assuming that my cruise ship itinerary is list in EST- at least the departure and arrival LOL. Do I have to calculate the difference in time at the local time at my arrival port, ie: cozumel is under CST, so when my itinerary says arriving in Cozumel at 1pm, is it really 12 pm in Cozumel local time? Or is the itinerary listed as 1pm because the ship will be arriving at 1pm Cozumel local time.

I want to know because I want to be prepared for excursions etc. I want to just do the beach, but DH wants to do ziplining, I know many outside actitivies end at 5, so the extra hour would really make a difference.

Your shiptime will be set according to the port you cruise out of and will stay on ships time the entire cruise. Don't change your watch at all unless directed to do so by public announcements and notices in the dailies. Don't pay attention to the times ashore or you'll surely miss the ship. Take a watch with you.

If the itinerary says arriving in Cozumel at 9am...that is ships time. No matter what the shore time is. It will also depart at ships time.

As for shore excursions; all ship's excursions take place on ship's time. If you are going independently, it's up to you to keep track of ships time while ashore.

All times are based on ship time. Ship time is based on the port you left from. You could change time zones several times, but the only time you need is ship time.

Now here is your warning -- your cell phone, if you should decide to use it as a time piece, will most likely change the time, when you change time zones! Do not use your cell phone ever on a ship to tell time.

Your shiptime will be set according to the port you cruise out of and will stay on ships time the entire cruise. Don't change your watch at all unless directed to do so by public announcements and notices in the dailies. Don't pay attention to the times ashore or you'll surely miss the ship. Take a watch with you.

If the itinerary says arriving in Cozumel at 9am...that is ships time. No matter what the shore time is. It will also depart at ships time.

As for shore excursions; all ship's excursions take place on ship's time. If you are going independently' date=' it's up to you to keep track of ships time while ashore.[/quote']

I'm a first time cruiser so I was a little confused by this too. If we planned excursions through local companies will we have to adjust the meeting time to local time as oppsed to ship time?

To add to the confusion, not all countries "spring ahead 1 hour" when we do March 13. Check with the individual tour companies. The one we have booked in three weeks said they go by their time in Cozumel not ours.

To add to the confusion, not all countries "spring ahead 1 hour" when we do March 13. Check with the individual tour companies. The one we have booked in three weeks said they go by their time in Cozumel not ours.

Our cruise (IN 9 DAYS!!!!!!:D) on the Destiny will happen during the "spring forward" time change... and I'm trying to figure out if we'll make a private excursion in Grand Cayman,...which is the Monday AFTER the "spring forward", and is a place that does NOT "spring forward".

My question: Does the ship change time at 2pm on the Saturday (3/12)? I've read where they wait til they get back to homeport before they make the change.

Does anyone know? I'm afraid to call Carnival - I wonder if the folks answering the phone even know the answer.

Been there? Done that? Enlighten me please!

thanks,

Peg

Archived