Wildlife Reserve

TracieBee67

I am traveling with my family, 2 boys ages 6 & 9. We have never been to Barbados. Is the Wildlife Reserve worth seeing? I can't decide if we should do that or go to Payne's Beach to swim with the turtles. All suggestions are welcomed.:o

I think the wildlife reserve is worth an hour or so, you will only see monkeys later in the day as they "go out for the day." My view is it is little more than a petting zoo, you could include it on a tour on the way somewhere else, quite a way from the port though.

We were just there 3/10. It's very rustic -- pathways are all brick -- and on an angle. Admission was $12.50/adult. We saw deer, birds, turtle - only stayed 1/2 hour as not suitable with scooter. Feeding of monkeys is 2 p.m. Would imagine children would enjoy. GO TO HARRISON CAVES instead -- just reopened -- $51 US for 2 but inside cave for 40 minutes (on a tram) and in 2 spots can walk around. Trails outside to hike on, touch screen viewing and a short movie -- very nice for all ages. About 45 minutes from pier. Vicki

We were 4 adults that went there a couple of years ago when we stayed on Barbados. It was a little boring for us but I think it would be fun for kids. Some animals are in cages but the deer, turtles, monkeys, etc. are roaming wild within the large enclosure that you can walk around in. The best time for the monkeys is feeding time. Swimming with the turtles is fun if your boys are able to snorkel.

Archived