What to do in Vancouver while waiting to go to airport?

PH8

Ok,heres the scenerio...............we get off our ship(probably by 9am)on a Sunday...our flight home that night is at 7pm(which means we have to be at airport no later than 5,I imagine)........

Never have been to Vancouver before........what do you suggest to spend the day?? It will be 3 of us(me,husband and 19yr daughter)......

Rent a car?? Take a tour with a tour company??? Have one of you friendly cruise critic Vancouvens(??) pick up and drive us around,take us home for lunch ~~ONLY KIDDING!!

I have pretty much figured out all the Alaskan port stuff I am doing thanks to all the info on these boards..........Now gotta work on this...

THANKS!!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;30;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img] RCCL Serenade--5/30--Alaska
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] RCCL Jewel--10/28--repositioning
**RCCL SOS-8/27/04** Carnival Miracle-2/13/05**

• 3 weeks later...
Good idea to rent a car. You can leave your suitcases in the trunk. It is nice to visit the pier area by foot (if you dock at Canada Place). After, you could go to Stanley Park or to one of the museums; the one dedicated to Indians is great (sorry I can't remember the name, I've been there only once and it was about 8 years ago). If you want some shopping, the busy street is Robson Street, not very far from the Pier (only a couple of minutes by car, maybe 15-20 minutes by foot, if I remember well). If you want the best picture of Vancouver, take the sea-bus from Canada Place to North Vancouver. There, there is a nice small market/shopping mall and you have the best view to the city (especially at night). If you stop at the restaurant and your waitress is Jacinthe, please say Hello and tell her that her niece Julie recommended this market for the great view. There is also a couple of giftshops and café outside. I LOVE Vancouver! (If one day you need info about Quebec City, E-mail me I live there.

NCL Dawn, December 2003

I would rent a car and explore. There is tons to do and see! When are you coming? There are festivals on and maybe you can catch one of them?
Grouse Mountain is a must and so is Granville Island. If you are interested in Native arts and culture-then the museum of Anthropolgy is great and so are the Japanese gardens. Gastown is okay and so is Chinatown. Grab a picnic and explre Stanley Park. Feeling daring? Go to Wreck Beach and check out naked people! You can go to Horseshoe Bay and rent a boat and do some fishing or just check out the coves and mansions along the water.

Time for another Cruise!

Archived