10-5 in Sydney...any ideas?

Visit toms port guides dot com. There is good information about Sydney. The guides are written specifically for cruise ship tourists who have limited time in port. He lists the major attractions and estimates the amount of time, including travel, that it takes to visit each.

Good luck and enjoy your time in Sydney.

Contact donblackwood@seascape.ns.ca for a tour of Cabot Trail. We are using him for our upcoming visit on 9/16/12. Setup a van for 6pax to reduce the price. Our tour is 6.5hrs due to time in port.

Dave

I would love to do that but unfortunately, from the roll call, it appears my mom and I are the only ones on this particular cruise!

You can rent a car and probably get this far:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Port+of+Sydney,+60+Esplanade,+Sydney,+NS&daddr=Ingonish,+NS+to:Neils+Harbour,+NS+to:Port+of+Sydney,+60+Esplanade,+Sydney,+NS&hl=en&sll=46.143263,-60.199435&sspn=0.007538,0.021136&geocode=FeQWwAIdlG1p_CFVQ_v0LVL7zymDSwr7K_tnSzFVQ_v0LVL7zw%3BFfC6yAIdIttm_Cl5yCvys1RmSzFvNuIPCctS8w%3BFUo_ygIdypJn_CnRl4vg0ldmSzGQGjYJE8iOlQ%3BFeQWwAIdlG1p_CFVQ_v0LVL7zymDSwr7K_tnSzFVQ_v0LVL7zw&oq=port+60+Esplanade,+Sydney,+NS&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

This takes five hours without stopping. The best scenery is past Ingonish. If you take the ship's tour you will only go as far as Keltic Lodge (just before Ingonish) and then take time for a lunch (and shopping?) at Keltic Lodge.

There are some places to get a quick lunch in Ingonish and then you can continue on through the National Park along the coast.

Just make sure you allow enough time to get back.

There are many previous posts here about car rental. I know Enterprise will deliver to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

You can go back to the main Ports of Call page for Canada and look to the right of the blue bar for the search feature and put in Sydney.

If you do not want to go on your own and drive part of the Cabot Trail, this thread has information about two other things you can do from Sydney:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687976

Archived