Need help with excursions - BACK Escape

rehm

First I want to apologize because I'm sure this is posted somewhere but I can't find one thread with all in info.

We are cruising on the Escape 4/29. It's me, my wife and our almost 4 year old.

Wanted some advice on what we should do in Port? Prefer not to book any excursions through NCL.

We are huge Beach bums so prefer to spend time on the beach. We want to relax and enjoy the ports. We also love to shop and see the cities.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

PS anyone else on Escape 4/29?

Thanks

Hi,

In St Thomas and Tortola cabs and shuttle open buses are super easy and safe to hop on and ask for a beach. They'll be right outside the gates. Skip an outrageous priced beach excursion thru ship and do on your own.

In Tortola we went to Cane Garden. Really calm water, small but beautiful, good amount of people, drinks, chairs for $5, restrooms. the island people working were absolutely wonderful there. When it was about an hour and half the taxi drivers called out to people from certain boats to let them know they should head back soon. I thought that was great. Ride there and back is craziness! Never been on such steep roads but the drivers were awesome and they know what they are doing.

In St Thomas ( we rented a jeep, bad idea!!! but all the others in our party hopped on taxi busses). We went first to Linquist or also known as Smith Bay park. THE perfect example of a quiet, Carribean beach. Stunning!!!!!!! Not crowded in the least, very private. But felt safe with the workers around and lifeguard. They have new, clean restrooms and showers and not much more. Calmish water.

We then went over to Sapphire beach. Very nice with restrooms, bar, food. Very very crowded. Wish we stayed at smith bay.

Hope that helps a little.

Just off Escape. We took a cab (open air with multiple benches) to Magen's bay. The cabs are at the end of the shopping center and there are signs everywhere. We paid $8 each and it was about a 20 minute ride. We got in super early so we were alone for a while but as two more ships arrived it became more crowded - I didn't mind it though.

In Tortola we did an NCL excursion so I can't help there...

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums