front of hump balcony vs. mini-suite guarantee

Scubadoobie2

Hi, cruisers.

So, I've just booked a balcony on forward part of forward hump on Epic sailing out of Barcelona in October. I believe it is called a "Large balcony." I like the location. TA says for same price I could get a mini-suite guarantee.

From what I've read of mini-suites on Norwegian Epic there isn't much of a difference, and definitely no perks.

So, I think I should stick with a known good location versus taking a chance on getting a rotten location with the guarantee. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

By the way, this will be my 1st cruise on Norwegian. Been on Princess (in the 90s), Carnival & RCI. Do Epic balcony cabins come with a coffee maker? No big deal but having one would sure make waking up just a tad nicer. Thanks in advance for your input.

If you like the location of your current cabin, I wouldn't gamble on a guarantee just to get essentially the same cabin with a bathtub, but in a worse location. I can't remember whether we had a coffee maker or not, but I'm sure someone else will know.