Buying a bottle of spirits (not duty Free) on board

cjm66

On Princess and HAL we were able to buy a (half) bottle of whisky for drinking in our cabin - much cheaper and more convenient than single drinks. Is this possible on P&O? If so can anyone recall the cost?

Thanks Colleen

On Princess and HAL we were able to buy a (half) bottle of whisky for drinking in our cabin - much cheaper and more convenient than single drinks. Is this possible on P&O? If so can anyone recall the cost?

Thanks Colleen

no you can not buy a bottle of Whisky to drink in your cabin on P&O Australia Pacific Dawn,Sun,Pearl,Jewel, but you can buy duty free that is keeped till the last day for you.

When I did not get any repies, I did a deep dig and discovered the long thread started by Dizziedi about problems with even bottles of wine in cabins on P&O so had sort of worked this out for myself. Somehow sitting on the balcony watching the sunset while sipping bottled water through a straw - even with an unbrella in it to improve the mood - will not be the same.

When I did not get any repies, I did a deep dig and discovered the long thread started by Dizziedi about problems with even bottles of wine in cabins on P&O so had sort of worked this out for myself. Somehow sitting on the balcony watching the sunset while sipping bottled water through a straw - even with an unbrella in it to improve the mood - will not be the same.

hi Colleen,

You can still purchase a bottle of wine and take it back to your cabin. The problem Di had was that she could not get wine delivered to her cabin.

enjoy your cruise.

Deidre.:)

Hi Deidre - further clarification - you can only buy the wine at the restaurant NOT at the bar. Fortunately, our wine was delivered to our cabin because of the agreed prior arrangement.

Cheers

Di

Or you can take your own whiskey etc... :D and enjoy it on your balcony

as many naughty people do :p

p.s google Rum Runners Fiona

Or you can take your own whiskey etc... :D and enjoy it on your balcony

as many naughty people do :p

p.s google Rum Runners Fiona

Yeah, well if I'm going to the naughty corner your coming with me....:D:D

Deidre:)

I am experimenting with swizzle sticks that will be mistaken for cotton tips and dissolve when stirred with ice to produce a whisky sour or martini. I have not yet managed to work out the formula for a margharita (or the spelling for that matter).

Hi again Deidre - we got the initial delivery of wine to our cabin because that was the 'deal' made for a wine package made with P&O pre-cruise. Following that, we couldn't get any wine delivered but had enough in the pre-cruise package to not have any further requirement for delivery to the cabin. I envisaged a problem so had enough wine in the order to overcome the problem.

Fiona,

If I wanted cheap crap (if I'm allowed to say that) I would use a rum runner - no need for a naughty corner. Not everyone loves the Pearly:p

Cheers

Di

Hi Deidre - further clarification - you can only buy the wine at the restaurant NOT at the bar. Fortunately, our wine was delivered to our cabin because of the agreed prior arrangement.

Cheers

Di

on the Pacific Dawn you can buy wine from the restaurant but you must have one glass out of it before they let you take it out, There is one bar you can buy bottles of wine from, its at the rear of the ship on deck 12 in the cafe del sol. I would say there would be a bar of the same sort on the other three P&O australia ships.

P.s. We take wine/drinks back to our cabin on every cruise.

Hi again Deidre - we got the initial delivery of wine to our cabin because that was the 'deal' made for a wine package made with P&O pre-cruise. Following that, we couldn't get any wine delivered but had enough in the pre-cruise package to not have any further requirement for delivery to the cabin. I envisaged a problem so had enough wine in the order to overcome the problem.

Fiona,

If I wanted cheap crap (if I'm allowed to say that) I would use a rum runner - no need for a naughty corner. Not everyone loves the Pearly:p

Cheers

Di

Maybe, just maybe not everyone likes wine and would prefer drink of their choice... Now there's a thought :p

Thanks Thied, I thought you could buy wine from a bar... :) Fiona

Maybe, just maybe not everyone likes wine and would prefer drink of their choice... Now there's a thought :p

Thanks Thied, I thought you could buy wine from a bar... :) Fiona

you can buy a glass of wine from any bar, but there is only two places to buy a bottle of wine from.

Fiona,

Cheers

Di

Regal Chivers... cheap crap ???????

Regal Chivers... cheap crap ???????

Fiona, we are talking about wine - always have been. If you can't understand that, then that's your problem. I've bolded the word 'wine' for your benefit.

Cheers

Di

Actually the OP was asking about spirits. The post was titled "Buying a bottle of spirits (not duty Free) on board". Then the whole thread became rather 'confusing' - to put it nicely. :cool:

But if you read post 3 cjm66 added in wine

But if you read post 3 cjm66 added in wine

Thank you Thied.

Indeed wine was added in relation to the thread and more specifically to the thread I started in relation to wine. Sadly Fiona can't understand that.

Unfortunately whilst this forum maintains some great opinions/reviews/tips, it has been tainted by people who deem themselves emphatically more knowledgeable without knowing or caring what experience fellow cruisers have.

I will comment on our upcoming voyage on the Pacific Jewel, (departure this week), because it will be my/our opinion and if it is not good, well sobeit but it will be our opinion. We are currently of the mindset that it will be ten times better than the Pearl (or is that the Pearly:rolleyes:).

Cheers

Di

Thank you Thied.

Indeed wine was added in relation to the thread and more specifically to the thread I started in relation to wine. Sadly Fiona can't understand that.

Unfortunately whilst this forum maintains some great opinions/reviews/tips, it has been tainted by people who deem themselves emphatically more knowledgeable without knowing or caring what experience fellow cruisers have.

I will comment on our upcoming voyage on the Pacific Jewel, (departure this week), because it will be my/our opinion and if it is not good, well sobeit but it will be our opinion. We are currently of the mindset that it will be ten times better than the Pearl (or is that the Pearly:rolleyes:).

Cheers

Di

I do hope you have a great cruisssseeee lol and please let us all now how you get on with the bottled wine cheers.

Thank you Thied.

Cheers

Di

Hi there,

Thats where it got a tad confusing as the OP didnt ask about wine at all:rolleyes:

Oh well, lets move on ..

Hope you have a great cruise on Jewel and will be interested in reading review when you return.

Fiona:)

Hi there,

Thats where it got a tad confusing as the OP didnt ask about wine at all:rolleyes:

Oh well, lets move on ..

Fiona:)

I (the OP) did ask about spirits. The wine hints are useful because I mix my drinks and am familiar with a conversational style that strays.

I am not tea total by any means, however I cannot understand this obsession with having drinks in your cabin, balcony or no balcony.:confused: and the moans about not taking booze onboard or getting booze back to your cabin. This 'problem' seems to be becoming more prevalent on message boards. Very strange to me.

Archived