Finally re-surfaced after meeting Larry

Tropicalshowers

Hello all!

Gosh it's good to be able to write (& catch up)after having no power for 4 days. It's even better to have come out of this unscathed, for us at least. So many people to the south of Cairns & in our tablelands, have lost homes, possessions & livelihoods, it's an absolute tragedy. It was bloody scary from our end let alone theirs & it's a miracle no lives were lost.

Anyway, the big clean up is under way & the sun has been making brief appearances, so that always lightens the heart.

Last Saturday I too watched the web cam for the Star, & she was still in port at around 4pm. I thought she was still there because of Larry's eminent arrival.I am amazed to learn she made the trip:eek: . I had marked her arrival in Cairns on my calender, as I had intended taking the boys down to see her.

Even if I had known she was here, I wouldn't have braved the drive into town on Tuesday. I am eagerly awaiting the review from Sue 2539! Glad to hear you're OK Sue!

Any way, to catch up a touch...prior to loosing power, I sent an e-mail to P&O asking about laundry facilities on Star. I received an e-mail back saying there is a $25 bag service. I have printed the letter & will have it clutched under my arm when we board! I have just experienced hand washing for 4 people, 3 of whom are of the male variety, & I can assure you IT AINT FUN!

On the same note, I would like to highly recommend Iron Free!

A quick hello to Rallo:D Thanks for thinking of us!

Also hi to aussiedisneyfan! Thanks for the shuttle info! Our TA told me that the shuttle from the airport left prior to 10am. I don't know whether he just thought that, or if it was from P&O, & he only mentioned it because we can only feasibly get on 2 flights, one arrives at 8.30am & the other around 11.30the latter of which, he thought would be cutting it a bit fine. At any rate, I'm going to take the word of someone whose 'lived it' HA! It makes far more sense for the shuttle to wait for as many people to arrive before it makes trips over to the ship. Where is the new terminal being built? Is it near Newstead or Hamilton? I guess the shuttle from the airport will still operate when it's up & running.

Cheers

I'm glad you're ok Nerissa, this must have been one awful experience. The pics were amazing.We are hoping to start building our home in Cairns soon, have been delayed since January as it was too wet, now the cyclone. Oh well, as long as everyone is safe and people need to start rebuilding their lives. Take care.

Archived