Uniworld Paris And Normandy

SOShrink

We will be going on this trip in April. I remember reading in posts from awhile ago that Caviargirl and others were trying to figure out exactly where the Joie de Vivre docks after Paris. We know where the excursions are during the day (Rouen, Giverny, Les Andelys, Honfleur, the Beaches, etc.) but some of us like to plan evening walks, cafes, concerts and the like at the towns we dock in.

I do know that on the first day (the arrival day in Paris) that we set sail that evening for Vernon. I am the first to know that the schedule changes from trip to trip and sometimes they don't know until that day exactly where they will dock but I would appreciate whatever tidbits past passengers can remember about how they spent their evenings!

If you look on the map for André Citroën Park, it is 40 metres from the docking point. Their website photo is taken with their back to the Seine. This is a small area, and a narrowish river, Giverny is about 3/4 hour drive from memory, it will be crowded. Honfleur is just amazing, we don't plan "evenings" on these ships, we wander around town, dinner is usually not finished until 9.00ish, and then I retire with my laptop and do some work, or edit photo's. I have done this twice with Uniworld, and once with Backroads, twice alone, once with my husband. It's a lovely are to explore. Have a great time

I know for Rouen the ship docks right in the town, just get off the ship & walk about 5 minutes & you'll be in the city center. They stay there overnight so you are free to walk around in the evening. I don't know if they still do it but when we were there in 2014 they did a really nice light show on the front façade of the cathedral. It was quite something to see. Sorry I don't remember the other port locations-we usually collapsed after dinner & drinks up on the sun deck:)

We will be going on this trip in April. I remember reading in posts from awhile ago that Caviargirl and others were trying to figure out exactly where the Joie de Vivre docks after Paris. We know where the excursions are during the day (Rouen, Giverny, Les Andelys, Honfleur, the Beaches, etc.) but some of us like to plan evening walks, cafes, concerts and the like at the towns we dock in.

I do know that on the first day (the arrival day in Paris) that we set sail that evening for Vernon. I am the first to know that the schedule changes from trip to trip and sometimes they don't know until that day exactly where they will dock but I would appreciate whatever tidbits past passengers can remember about how they spent their evenings!

We are doing this cruise in Aug please post a trip review I would love to hear about the trip and any tips about what to do and see . I have not found any reviews yet on the cruise on this ship. Have a wonderful cruise.

PNFL, I surely will. I will review each day and evening and give feedback from my own perspective as well as the general feeling amongst other passengers so you will have an idea of things to look forward to and what to avoid. Steve

Sent from my iPad using Forums

PNFL, I surely will. I will review each day and evening and give feedback from my own perspective as well as the general feeling amongst other passengers so you will have an idea of things to look forward to and what to avoid. Steve

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That would be wonderful. Looking forward to your review and have a wonderful time.