Chateau d'If tickets

soccerbaseballmom

Planning on spending our day in Marseille off of our cruise ship at the Chateau d'If. Looking at website and trying to figure out cost and best way to purchase tickets. It looks like it will cost 6 Euros per adult and 4.50 Euros per child. We are American so children would not be free. The ferry ride is reading a family rate of 8.10 Euros for the 4 of us. Am I understanding this correctly? Is it best to purchase online or is this something we could once there?

Also, we will be in port from 9 am-5 pm. About how long would this trip take? We would like to walk around the Old Port afterwards and grab a bite to eat.

We will be visiting next summer so warmer month hours would apply.

Thanks!

We spent three days in Marseille and one of the days did the boat trip that stops in Chateau If. Except that day it didn't due to windy weather, but it didn't matter as we were going to Ile Froulle anyway. It is the same boat.

We bought the tickets at the time at the ticket kiosk in the port and then got straight on the boat.

I suppose if you are going to be there in July/August it is probably better to buy in advance. If not, it's up to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did as LondonTowner wrote; went by Ferry to the Chateau D'If, walked around and took the next Ferry to the bigger Island of Froulle, where there are right at the pier several very nice seafood restaurants, then went back with the Ferry to Marseille.

No need to book in advance, but really check-out departure times to be on time for your cruise departure.

Thank you for the help!

Does anyone know anything about the ferry's family rate? Has anyone used it? Is that the price for all 4 of us? Seems too good to be true.:)

We look forward to lunch as well, since this will be our one day in France. My husband and children eat fish. However, I do not. Any recommendations for a casual eatery in the Old Port where we could get a taste of the culture? Would need to be family friendly.

Thank you, again!