No excursion booked ahead of time

#1PATSFAN

As of right now we don't have an excursion booked for Key West. We would like to take a snorkel/scuba trip, but I'm hesitant to book ahead because of weather in January. We want to go on the Sebago Power Adventure but if it's not warm we would just do a 2 stop snorkel rather than an all day trip any info on Capts. Corner they are one of the few that will allow snorkel & scuba on the same trip. Do you think my chances of booking a trip when we get there are good. There are only 2 ships in port that day. Thanks for your help.

As of right now we don't have an excursion booked for Key West. We would like to take a snorkel/scuba trip, but I'm hesitant to book ahead because of weather in January. We want to go on the Sebago Power Adventure but if it's not warm we would just do a 2 stop snorkel rather than an all day trip any info on Capts. Corner they are one of the few that will allow snorkel & scuba on the same trip. Do you think my chances of booking a trip when we get there are good. There are only 2 ships in port that day. Thanks for your help.

Post your exact date or dates. High season is listed as running frm 12/15 through Easter and hotels and activities in Key West get booked up, esp during the weekends.

Pjk

My birthday!! Can I go along? It would have been easier if you had posted a weekend date as I would have suggested pre-booking, but a Monday is hard to tell.

What you can do is week in advance start looking at the weather forecast and if it looks good for that day, book it. 25% or less chance of showers in Key West means a nice clear day. If the weather does not look good or your still don't want to pre-book, you can take a chance of a walk-up, and there is a similar type of trip on the Fury which will at least increase your chances of going..

http://www.furycat.com/key-west/watersports-attractions.htm

hth

Pjk

Thanks for all the info Peter. You seem to be very familiar with the Key's you must be one of the lucky dogs that got to spend alot of time there. It's one of my favorite places to go. I've never been in January do you think generally the temperature is warm enough for water sports all day? We are from Boston so we're pretty warm blooded, 70's is Jan. would probably be fine, 80 would be better. lol Do you think the "Power Adventure" is worth the money, for the 4 of us it's just under $400.00 but my daughter really wants to parasail, DH wants to Jet ski everyone loves to snorkel. It seems like a good fit.

Thanks Again

I've been going down twice a year for the last few years, either with a frind or by myself. Key West is a good desctination for a solo traveler with plenty to do.

My impressino of from Nov - Feb is that the water becomes chilly around the island but is warmer out at the reef where you snorkel. The problem is that the air and water temps are close to being the same so you get chilled when you get out of the water. This might be a problem doing one water-related activity and getting wet, then doing another water-related activity, etc. Yu need a hoodie or a demin shirt to put on and warm up in between things. I've been told that you might be able to do things more than once if yu want but depending on how many people want to do what activities. The Power Adventure seems right for your group rather than doing another trip and having to jet-ski or parasail with another trip.

In terms of being worth it, IMO you will remember what you did for several years but not what you paid. It's a nice day out additionally because of the breakfast and lunch and the sail out then back. As you sail out don't just sit in the boat...stand at the rail and look for sea turtles, flying fish, dolphins, etc.

Have a good time.

Pjk

Archived