Conquest Class (Glory) Room 2470 or 2473 - a couple questions

CruisinLJ

Hello fellow cruisers! I have booked room 2473 on the Carnival Glory. Normally, I cruise in a balcony room but, after much thought, realized that I don't spend enough time on the balcony to justify the additional cost. I have heard the comments about rattles which don't concern me. I travel for work a lot and have earplugs, just in case the hotels are noisy... And, I'm actually looking forward to the thrusters vibration/noise in port to wake me up (haha).

My main question is the temperature of the room. I like a colder room when I sleep. That being said, I don't mind the temps of regular sized rooms on the Carnival ships. On this cruise, I will be packing a fan to help with air flow in the bigger room. For those that have stayed in the larger outside rooms, di you think that the room was warmer because of the size of the room? Like, uncomfortably warm? Will a fan be enough to keep the air circulating?

Also - Can anyone confirm that the only outlet in the room is in the desk? I am guessing so, in which case, I'll pack an extension cord for the fan so it's closer to the bed. Ideally, there'd be an outlet on one of the nightstands.

Thanks for your help!

I've been in 2470 4 times and my family in 2473. There is no difference in temp vs a "regular" OV besides the fact that you have 2 windows so you get twice the sun should you leave the curtains open. Yes, there is only the one regular outlet on the desk. Be prepared for lots of noise and vibration not only when docking, but when the ship is going at a decent speed. I like it, but some don't. If you do a search of 2470, you'll see my experiences. Have fun!