Zoom Internet Question

Hi,

I have previously been on cruises through royal Caribbean, 2005, 2016, 2017 and one scheduled in 10 days heading to southern Caribbean out of San Juan.

My question is regarding the zoom internet.

Previously I and my significant other have each had our on zoom 1 device plan. So this year I ordered 2 zoom plans before hand knowing that the price is easier before had. However, this trip I have some work that I must complete on my laptop :( and I was curious on if you can switch between my phone and laptop that are receiving internet at that time so that I can do work and when I am done turn the WiFi back on my phone.

Any insight is AMAZING,

Thanks,

Kyle

I can also confirm that you can use one access code for multiple devices. The catch is that you must log out of the royal wifi on device #1 before logging into royal wifi on device #2.

Basically they do not restrict the access code to one MAC address...which is a good thing, and I’m kinda shocked they don’t do it that way!

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why? They sell an unlimited plan like any other ISP and don't care what device you connect with. It would be more work for them to filter by MAC address with little gain.

I’m not pro this, but I would have thought they would have seized the opportunity to grab more $$ that’s all. And FYI, it is SIMPLE to restrict by Mac addy....not much “work” at all...

I’m not pro this, but I would have thought they would have seized the opportunity to grab more $$ that’s all. And FYI, it is SIMPLE to restrict by Mac addy....not much “work” at all...

I would envision a huge bunch of frustrated people at Guest Services if they tried to implement this. They already have a problem with iMessage working without charge in Royal IQ ships.

Hi,

I have previously been on cruises through royal Caribbean, 2005, 2016, 2017 and one scheduled in 10 days heading to southern Caribbean out of San Juan.

My question is regarding the zoom internet.

Previously I and my significant other have each had our on zoom 1 device plan. So this year I ordered 2 zoom plans before hand knowing that the price is easier before had. However, this trip I have some work that I must complete on my laptop :( and I was curious on if you can switch between my phone and laptop that are receiving internet at that time so that I can do work and when I am done turn the WiFi back on my phone.

Any insight is AMAZING,

Thanks,

Kyle

just returned from Liberty on Dec 17. Had zoom package for two devices and could not switch to any other devices even if I logged off one device

just returned from Liberty on Dec 17. Had zoom package for two devices and could not switch to any other devices even if I logged off one device

I would have asked Giest Services for help from the IT department. Something was not functioning properly and they should have been able to help.