code red

espresso68

A coincidence , yesterday was Global Handwashing Day (Oct 15). From the CDC here is the PDF on handwashing on cruise ships.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/pub/Handwashing/handwashingtips.pdf

As far as buffets on cruise ships. My post I did not mention any cruise line. I was talking in general about buffets be they on water or land. I don't know where your stats are from so Im not sure where your getting your facts on Norovirus on Oceana or Regent. Do you know how many breakouts of norovirus on Oceania versus Regent. Please share the information.

If you really know the numbers.

My posts were to help other travelers. I'm hesitate to post any comments as I have read in other subjects as some think they are the only opionions that count.

Ron

A

As far as buffets on cruise ships. My post I did not mention any cruise line. I was talking in general about buffets be they on water or land. I don't know where your stats are from so Im not sure where your getting your facts on Norovirus on Oceana or Regent. Do you know how many breakouts of norovirus on Oceania versus Regent. Please share the information.

If you really know the numbers.

Ron

Just about everything I've posted (except for the fact that I am clueless about how to handle buffets) is from the CDC website - including the products (I posted a few from a very long list of peroxide based wipes that they recommend.)

You can find your numbers on this website: gilist.htm . You will see Oceania - the cruise line that serves passengers at the buffet rather than self-service as there is on Regent. You have to scroll down a bit.

Also, Regent has had what they have called the flu and/or gastrointestinal illnesses that some think is norovirus. While I have no way of knowing what the illness is that caused the "Code Red", I do not see the ships where there has been a "Code Red" (and that we have personally been on listed). One must assume that it either wasn't norovirus or that the CDC was unaware of it (unlikely for the cruise we were on in Alaska -- since it is the U.S.). You will see Regent on the list for 2008 (unless I missed ones that were more recent).

Edited by Travelcat2

Norovirus is viral gastroenteritis. However you can think what you want. The facts are if it's not norovirus why all the paper menu, removal of items from the table, etc.

Again as I indicated above I hesitate posting as there are some on this site that there opinion is the final word!

I leave it at that!

Ron

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Norovirus is viral gastroenteritis. However you can think what you want. The facts are if it's not norovirus why all the paper menu, removal of items from the table, etc.

Again as I indicated above I hesitate posting as there are some on this site that there opinion is the final word!

I leave it at that!

Ron

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Again, I am quoting the CDC. Regent does not show up on their list for norovirus for several years. No one here knows why Regent uses paper menu's when there are 10 people sick on the ship. Perhaps they are being overly cautious to prevent the spread of the flu, cold or other illnesses. IMO, the Center for Disease Control has the final word rather than any poster on this board.