Spirit of the West Horse Rides

theshowmestate

My girls would love!!! to ride horses on the beach etc. I came across Spirit of the West in Grand Cayman which offers the horse tours. They have the Trip Advisor nod and their website is pretty polished but I thought I'd see if I could get any opinions/advise here on them. thanks!

I have not used the company you mentioned but we went with this company in Grand Cayman.

http://www.ponies.ky/

Pampered ponies picked us up in downtown right next to the pier and we very prompt and professional. What I enjoyed the most was normally when you are in the Caribbean all the horses tend to be on the smaller side. But every horse they had here were what you normally see here in the US and some nice well taken care of horses. Lastly to make the reservation you will need to call or email, we took care of email.

Lastly we did the swim with the horses trip and a good video can be seen here,

. THis is a about 3-3.5hrs, you walk out on the beach, do some cantering then de-saddle the horses then go for a ride/swim with the horses, come back saddle up and walk back. Was just a great trip and would recommend this unique experience as you get the beach and something totally different in the swim.

Just looked up your website and Spirit of the West in Grand Cayman does something very similar to what we did. In fact I saw them go by with a small group (recognized the group leader in the photo). All the guides were friends and talking as they went by, so don't think you can go wrong with either one.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
I am intrigued with the in the water horseback riding excursions! Any recent expereince with either of the aforementioned companies??

Yeah, I'd also like some current info. I found 3 companies that do the water rides and they all seem to get good reviews on TripAdvisor.