Sorobon beach clothes optional?

icyteddy

We are trying to find some relaxing beach in Bonaire. I understand that most of the beaches there are rockey. I have read some good reviews about the Sorobon beach, talking about shallow water and relatively sandy beach. We have a toddler girl, I imagine the shallow water would be perfect for her to play with. However, I have also read that Sorobon is nude only? Is there any part of the beach that people do have clothes on? If not, any other beaches you can suggest? Or we just regard it as another sea day.

• 3 weeks later...

We love Sorobon beach, and have never seen anyone nude there, I believe there is a nude section at one part of the bech but we've been there twice and have never seen it. The beach is lovely and very shallow and would be perfect for a toddler, there is a beach bar selling snacks, beers and great smoothies, and also a restroom. Its not far in a taxi and they always collect you later to return you to the dock. Enjoy, we'd return there without any hesitation.

When I went to the Sorobon website, it did say that it was a nudists place. A reveiw did say you "had to be nude" at the beach. Is there another resort/beach close to this one? Or is there a non-nudist part of the beach? It sounds great, and I'd love to go. I'm just not going to be comfortable nude.

• 2 weeks later...

We visited Bonaire last year while on the Crown Princess. Our Maitre D' recommended Sorobon Beach and it was amazing. Sandy Beach with very shallow water. We must have walked 50 feet and the water was still up to our waist. I didnt see any nudists, but then again we might have been at the beach itself and not the actual resort.

A lot of windsurfers in the water but it didnt really bother us. They were very careful

We ate a a cool beachside restaurant. Chair rentals were available.

Dont remember any prices but prices were inline with what one might expect at an exotic tourist spot.

We grabbed a taxi from the pier and the same driver picked us at the agreed upon time.

There is a clothing optional resort next door to the windsurfing area with a long wooden fence between the two. If you walk out towards the reef, you may see people kayaking, walking, etc. without clothing. They didn't seem to mind others being in the same area. There is good snorkeling out by the reef, particularly for beginners because you just stand up and clear your mask and start over again. Lots of colorful fishies and turtles too, although I didn't see any there.

The beach near the windsurfing area does permit topless sunbathing. There are two windsurfing rental areas, two beach bars, clean restrooms and chair/kayak rentals available. Nice beach, the water is very shallow and the windsurfers provide some visual entertainment! Try it, you might enjoy it!!

There is a also a massage hut on the beach that I found very relaxing!

This is where we've gone the last few trips to Bonaire and loved it. It is right next to the fence for the nudist hotel, but we've never really seen anyone naked running around.

Jibe City has chairs and tables for free, great food at great prices, cocktails, clean bathrooms, etc. Monique is great. It's really a slice of Heaven.

http://www.jibecity.com/

me and my husband absolutely loved sorobon we were recommended by some crew members to go there, what a gorgeous beach, there isnt alot of frontage right when you get on, but go down to yuor left and its paradise.

Beautiful cafe where i can get frozen drinks and food. The water was the most amazing waters i have seen, u can walk out a good mile before your underwater.

i will be there very shortly:D oh and not so much nudity when i was there

• 3 weeks later...

Archived